Wisconsin’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with Wisconsin’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the Wisconsins employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- Affinity Health System is a regional health network serving more than a dozen communities in Northeast Wisconsin. Affinity Health System traces its roots to 1891, when the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother opened the first hospital in Oshkosh, WI. They offer numerous job opportunities at our three hospitals, 20 clinics, long-term care facility, corporate office and other locations around the Fox Cities and Oshkosh.
- Alliant Energy provides utility operations through diversified companies, environmental commitment and more. Headquartered in Madison, WI, Alliant Energy serves more than 1.4 million customers in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin. "In addition to competitive salaries, Alliant Energy takes pride in offering a comprehensive benefits package to our non-bargaining unit employees."
- American Family Insurance - On Oct. 3, 1927, American Family began with three employees and 346 charter member policyholders. Today, they offer multiple insurance and financial product lines in 18 states. In addition, they are the nation’s third-largest mutual property and casualty insurer and 16th-largest property and casualty insurance company group. Headquartered in Madison, WI, the firm has a network of approximately 4,300 contractor agents and 8,100 employees.
- Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. - "Ashley Furniture's Worldwide Headquarters in Arcadia, Wisconsin continues to be the core manufacturing and distribution center for the Ashley Companies. Founded by Carlyle Weinberger in 1945, the company started as a sales organization with branches in Chicago,IL and Goshen, IN." "Today, Ashley has over 3 million square feet of facilities spread over six different locations."
- Aurora Health Care, was established in 1984, and today they have sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin, including 13 hospitals, more than 100 clinics and over 120 community pharmacies. Aurora has over 25,000 employees and they currently have many featured career opportunity openings available in a variety of disciplines. The firm provides, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a diverse workforce.
- "Established in 1858 in St. Louis, Missouri, as a manufacturer of seamless cotton bags for milled food products, Bemis has played an influential role in the packaging industry ever since its founding. Now a global supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive label materials headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis serves customers worldwide and produces packaging for products found in virtually every aisle of the grocery store." Thirteen companies operate 62-plus locations in 11 countries under the Bemis banner and the company is pleased to offer competitive benefits and compensation.
- In business for more than 90 years, Briggs & Stratton Corporation is the world's largest producer of air cooled gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Briggs & Stratton designs, manufactures, markets and services these products for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) worldwide. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, WI, the company has plant locations across the U.S. "Briggs & Stratton is an excellent company for employment, development, and advancement. The company challenges individuals to discover the "power within" to succeed."
- "Founded in 1952 and incorporated in 1956, The Bruce Company has grown steadily throughout the years and today is one of the leading landscape firms in the United States." The firm has facilities in Middleton, Milwaukee, and Racine, WI, and accept applications year-round for a landscaping season that spans March to November. The Bruce Company also offers internships for Horticulture & Landscape Architecture.
- "Columbia St. Mary's, sponsored by Ascension and Columbia Health Systems, is an organization of four hospitals, 30 clinics, a college of nursing, a partnership with the Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin, River Woods Outpatient Center, and Cathedral Square Urgent Care Center." "Join a growth-oriented environment at Milwaukee area hospitals that support your career and your future."
- CUNA Mutual Group, headquartered in Madison, WI, is the leading provider of financial services to credit unions and their members worldwide, offering lending, protection, financial, employee and member solutions through strategic partnerships, technological innovations and multiple service channels. CUNA employs more than 2,000 in just the Madison area, with more than 5,500 employees worldwide. "Get your foot in the door today and sign up to receive notices about future job notices that match your skills and talents."
- Fiserv, Inc. is the world’s largest service provider to banks, credit unions, lending institutions, and investment advisors; a nationally-recognized single-source solution provider to insurance companies and agents; and a growing presence in health plan administration. Founded over 22 years ago and headquartered in Brookfield, WI, Fiserv provides competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- "General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) is a medium-hub airport owned and operated by Milwaukee County. Mitchell's 13 airlines offer roughly 235 daily departures (plus 235 daily arrivals). Approximately 90 cities are served nonstop or direct from Mitchell International. It is the largest airport in Wisconsin." The employment page on this website lists contacts for 'all' airport employers, including airlines, air freight companies, food service and the airport itself, among others.
- Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center, located in La Crosse, WI, is a comprehensive healthcare network including one of the nation's largest multi-specialty group medical practices, regional community clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, behavioral health services, vision centers, pharmacies, and air and ground ambulances. Gundersen Lutheran no longer accepts paper applications or resumes .. you must apply online for an open position here. So, if you're looking for a place to work where superior healthcare changes lives and communities, consider Gundersen Lutheran Health System, the leading provider of primary and specialized care in western Wisconsin.
- Harley-Davidson USA was founded in 1903 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, WI. The company has several other facilities, plants and operations in WI, as well as in PA, AL & MO. Become part of Harley-Davidson and help fulfill dreams for their next 100 years. The company provides competitive compensaton and comprehensive benefits.
- Johnson Controls, Inc. is the world’s largest manufacturer of automotive batteries. Founded in 1883 in Whitewater, WI, the firm today is headquartered in Milwaukee, WI and is a global market leader in automotive systems and ficility management & control. A career with Johnson Controls can take you all over the world and offer unlimited opportunities for professional development.
- JohnsonDiversey is committed to being the most trusted source of cleaning & hygiene products and solutions. Headuartered in Sturtevant, WI, this company operates globally in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Japan & Latin America. The company provides employees with competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- JTPackard is the nation's largest independent service provider for all brands of network-critical power equipment: uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems, batteries, DC plants, generators, and HVAC. Headquartered in Verona, WI, the firm has career opportunities available across the country at this time.
- Kohler Company has been improving the lives of its customers with exceptional products and services since 1873. The company, headquartered in Kohler, WI, offers "a breadth of products and services, including plumbing fixtures, furniture, tile and stone, primary and backup power systems, as well as award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations." An abundance of career paths are available here including engineering, manufacturing operations, sales & marketing, hospitality and information technology, among others.
- Kraft Foods has global corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL, with management centers located in Glenview, IL, East Hanover, NJ, Tarrytown, NY & Madison, WI. Founded in 1903, when J. L. Kraft started selling cheese out of a horse-drawn wagon, today, Kraft is the world’s second-largest food and beverage company, having built superior brands since their humble beginnings. The company has 175 manufacturing and processing facilities worldwide and more than 98,000 employees in 70 countries. Check out the endless opportunities available here!
- Kohl's was founded by the Kohl family in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in 1962, opening the doors to its first store in Brookfield, WI. Today, headquartered in Menomonee Falls, WI, the company operates over 817 stores in nearly every U.S. state, employs over 50,000 associates and provides online shopping on the internet. Kohl's offers career paths from retail to marketing and information systems in stores, distribution centers and at corporate headquarters.
- Lands' End, headquartered in Dodgeville, WI, is a direct merchant of traditionally styled clothing for the family, soft luggage, and products for the home. Founded in 1963, the company works directly with mills and manufacturers, which eliminates the markups of middlemen and then they are able to pass the savings on to customers, who shop directly with them. Lands' End was an early adopter of the internet and they operate 15 Inlet® and NQP™ stores in 4 states: Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota and New York; plus 3 outlet stores in the United Kingdom and 1 in Germany.
- "Manitowoc was founded in the lakeshore community of Manitowoc, Wisconsin, in 1902 as a shipbuilding and ship-repair organization." "Today, the company is comprised of three segments – cranes, foodservice equipment, and marine." Operating in over 20 countries, Manitowoc is always on the lookout for great people who want to make use of their skills and talent, who are self-starters and are team players. The company provides competitive compensation and great benefits.
- Marshall & Ilsley Corporation (M&I) was founded in 1847 in one half of a cobbler shop. Headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, M&I operates retail banking offices in Wisconsin, Arizona, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nevada, Florida, and Illinois, and the corporation also provides trust and investment management, equipment leasing, mortgage banking, financial planning, investments, insurance services and data processing. Join the team at M&I and you’ll know what it means to have a career that will maximize your potential and help you reach your goals.
- Marshfield Clinic was formed in 1916 when six Marshfield, WI physicians pooled their medical expertise to build the foundation for what has grown to become one of the largest private, multispecialty group practices in the United States. Today, with 727 physicians in 80 medical specialties and subspecialties, Marshfield Clinic operates 41 centers throughout northern, central and western Wisconsin. They also offer residency opportunities and student programs.
- Midwest Airlines, headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, employs more than 2,000 people. Midwest also has bases in Omaha, NE & in Kansas City, MO and their fleet includes McDonnell Douglas MD-80 and Boeing 717 jet aircraft. If you are driven to excel in the performance of your job duties and want to be part of a top-rated company in the travel industry, check out the open career opportunities here at Midwest Airlines.
- Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, provides mortgage insurance on more than 1.4 million home mortgages. MGIC, offers a business casual dress policy, leading-edge technology, competitve compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes 401k savings, profit sharing and pension plans.
- Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, founded in 1857, helps clients manage financial risk and achieve financial security through insurance and investment products. Headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, the firm is the largest direct provider of life insurance. Northwester Mutual has over 4,400 employees in their home office that work in a business casual, dynamic atmosphere that encourages excellence, creativity and career advancement. More than just opportunities, the company offers you challenges.
- Oshkosh Truck Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies. Founded in 1917 and headquartered in Oshkosh, WI, the company has manufacturing operations in 10 U.S. states, Canada, The Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, the U.K. and Mexico and currently employs 8,000+ people worldwide. Oshkosh Truck currently has numerous career opportunities open in a variety of fields.
- QuadGraphics was founded on July 13, 1971, in an abandoned millwork factory in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. Today, the company is headquartered in Sussex, WI and maintains plants in Hartford, Lomira, Pewaukee,and West Allis, WI; Martinsburg, WV, Reno, NV, Saratoga, NY, and The Rock, GA. The QuadGraphics presses run 24 hours a day, seven days a week, producing client magazines, catalogs and commercial products in the timely fashion their business needs demand. "Employees are encouraged to observe, explore, invent and, ultimately, become something more than they ever hoped to be."
- Rockwell Automation provides power, control and information systems and services for business and industry. With global headquarters in Milwaukee, WI, Rockwell has two other brand headquarters in Greenville, SC & Shirley, NY. As a world-class employer, Rockwell also understands that your life doesn't start and end with your job — so they provide the types of benefits that work for you, your family, your situation, your life.
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc. was founded in 1872 and today has grown into one of the Midwest's largest grocery retailers. Headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc. owns and operates 147 retail grocery stores in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois under the Pick ‘n Save, Copps Food Center, and Rainbow Foods banners. Roundy's is always looking for talented individuals interested in the following fields: Store Directors, Store Department Managers, a variety of in-store positions, Distribution Center/Warehouse employment and Home Office Management and Administrative roles.
- Sentry Insurance was founded in 1904 by members of the Wisconsin Retail Hardware Association to provide quality insurance for its members. Today, Sentry, headquartered in Stevens Point, WI, is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States offering a full line of insurance coverages for businesses, families and individuals. Sentry offers rewarding career opportunities in claims, finance, human resources, information technology and sales, just to name a few of the career paths available there.
- Sheboygan Paper Box Company was founded in 1923 and is headquartered in Sheboygan, WI. The company creates and produces packaging solutions to meet the needs of their customers. The company has opportunities available for motivated individuals to join their quality-focused team and provides employees with excellent working conditions, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- ShopKo has provided customers with quality merchandise and services at prices that communicate value since 1962. Today, ShopKo, headquartered in Green Bay, WI, operates a family of more than 130 specialty discount stores focused on customer lifestyles and meeting our customers' changing needs for casual apparel, home, family and healthcare products. The company has positions available in the following departments: Pharmacy, Eyecare, Corporate/Regional, Retail Stores and Distribution Centers.
- Snap-on Incorporated was founded in 1920 when Joseph Johnson together with William Seidemann, formed the Snap-on Wrench Company. Today Snap-on, headquartered in Kenosha, WI, offers products and services that are available around the world. Snap-on rewards people who make a positive difference, offers competitive compensation and a range of attractive benefits (including great discounts on tools) and offers you abundant opportunity to develop your skills and build your career.
- The Douglas Stewart Company (DSC) markets and sells school supplies, consumer electronics and computer-related products to the education market via selected reseller channels. Founded in 1950 and headquartered in Madison, WI, DSC currently has positions open in their IT Department, Marketing & Merchandising .. but who knows when something else may open up .. so check now for their up-to-date listing.
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, located in Appleton, WI, offers a broad range of financial products and services including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, disability income insurance, bank products and more. Thrivent Financial may have open career opportunities in corporate, sales or field office. The company also seeks interns with energy, ideas and a passion to succeed.
- UW Health is a comprehensive system of health care providers serving patients at more than 60 clinical locations throughout the state of Wisconsin, 44 of them in Dane County. Whether you work in direct patient care or in countless other important roles, you can make a difference through your dedication, teamwork and caring, so check the listings at UWHealth today.
- Wausau Employers Insurance Company is a national, multiline property/casualty business insurer offering a wide range of loss management services. Located in Wausau, WI, the company wrote its first policy in 1911. There are various exciting career path at Wausau including underwriting services, sales & marketing, loss prevention services & claim and managed care services among others.
- WPS Resources provides electric power, natural gas and alternative fuel services through its operating subsidiaries. Headquartered in Green Bay, WI, each of those subsidiaries have a story of their own to tell .. the oldest of them being the Wisconsin Public Service Corporation which was established in 1883. "If you are a talented, energetic, team-oriented individual and want to work with a diverse group of people to provide energy and energy-related services, consider the job challenges and opportunities within WPS Resources."