Washington’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with Washington’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the Washingtons employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air - Alaska Airlines and its sister carrier, Horizon Air, together provide passenger and cargo service to more than 80 cities in Alaska, the Lower 48, Canada, and Mexico. Based in Seattle, WA, these airlines offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- Amazon.com - "Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos opened the virtual doors of Amazon.com's online store in July 1995. The company was incorporated in 1994 in the state of Washington and reincorporated in 1996 in Delaware. The Company's principal corporate offices are located in Seattle, Washington." Amazon.com recruits the best and brightest into jobs that range from software development engineers to product managers to operations managers to customer service representatives. The company currently has hundreds of opportunities available across the U.S.
- American Seafoods Group, LLC is one of the largest integrated seafood companies in the U.S. in terms of revenues. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, the company also has offices in other U.S. cities, Tokyo, Japan and Aalborg, Denmark. If you are looking for corporate employment here, use the previous link, but use the vessel employment link for openings on a vessel.
- Arcadis imagines, creates and develops sustainable solutions to a myriad of business, financial and environmental issues. The firm known today as ARCADIS began in the late 1800's as Nederlandsche Heidemaatschappij in the Netherlands to increase the productivity of the land. The company is headquartered in Denver, CO, but has offices in the Netherlands and across the U.S. includine 2 in Washington at Seattle & Kirkland.
- "Battelle is a global science and technology enterprise that develops and commercializes technology and manages laboratories for customers." Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Battelle has a vast science and technology reach, with offices, technology centers & specialized facilities located throughout the U.S. including Richland, Seattle & Sequim WA.
- "Belt Collins is an international design firm providing planning, civil engineering, landscape architecture, and environmental consulting services. Founded in 1953, the firm is now comprised of over 300 professional and support staff practicing in seven offices in and around the Pacific." Their newest Seattle office, Belt Collins Northwest, provides civil engineering and environmental consulting services. There are some exciting opportunities for qualified engineers and production staff in this office.
- "Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined, with capabilities in rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems." Founded in 1915, headquartered in Chicago, IL, Boeing employs more than 155,000 people in some 67 countries. Whatever your career discipline -- Aerospace, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Software or Systems engineering, or Computer Science, you'll join the best of the best at Boeing.
- Capital Medical Center is a comprehensive, community-based hospital with two off-site facilities and services, based in Olympia, WA. Make the most of your professional career here where management encourages professional growth and you can make a meaningful difference.
- Carter & Burgess, Inc. was established in 1939 as a two-man partnership providing civil engineering and landscape architecture services, and has since grown into a full-service, multidiscipline consulting firm with more than 3,000 employees in major metropolitan areas across the nation, including Seattle, WA. Carter & Burgess has career opportunities in a variety of professional disciplines.
- Costco is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. Headquartered in Issaquah, WA, Costco is committed to promoting from within the company. If you are an ambitious, high-energy person who enjoys a fast-paced team environment laced with challenges and opportunities, check out the opportunities at Costco.
- "Founded in 1896, Deaconess Medical Center was the first hospital in Spokane. Established by a compassionate and generous Spokane couple, the hospital originally had 29 rooms and was staffed by a small number of Deaconesses and nurses." "Today Deaconess is a level II trauma center with 388-beds, specializing in cardiology, orthopedics, neonatology, neurology, oncology and much more." Deaconess provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
- drugstore.com is changing the way the world shops for health care products. As a fast-growing company in a dynamic new industry, they offer excellent career development opportunities and an exciting, challenging work environment. Headquartered in Bellevue, WA, the company also has a distribution center in Bridgeport, New Jersey and a Contact Centre on the extreme East Coast of Canada in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Duratek, Inc. is a leading provider of safe, secure radioactive materials disposition. Duratek is always looking for bright, energetic people to join their growing team. The companys' corporate office is located in Columbia, Maryland, with other locations throughout the U.S., including one in Richland, WA.
- Eddie Bauer is a specialty retailer that sells high quality casual apparel and accessories for the modern outdoor lifestyle. Headquartered in Redmond, WA, the company was established in 1920, when legendary Pacific Northwest outdoorsman Eddie Bauer opened a single Seattle retail location. "In 1936, after nearly freezing to death on a winter hunting trip, Eddie designed a quilted down jacket that he went on to patent in 1940. This innovation in down outerwear was to become a cornerstone of the company." Eddie Bauer operates 380 stores and outlets across North America, as well as a distribution & fulfillment center, an IT facility and call centers. You might find retail, corporate or IT career opportunities available at Eddie Bauer.
- Evergreen Healthcare is the cornerstone of Evergreen Healthcare services that include medical groups, home care, hospice and many other services. Founded in 1972 and located in Kirkland, WA, Evergreen has over 2,600 employees with 750 physicians covering 50 different specialties. "If you're looking for the opportunity to utilize your knowledge and skills in a state-of-the-art environment where patient care is paramount, Evergreen Healthcare is the place for you."
- "The Farmers Insurance Group of Companies was founded in 1928 when Farmers Insurance Exchange, an automobile insurer, was formed." Today, the firm is the country's third-largest writer of both private passenger automobile and homeowners insurance. Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is based in Los Angeles, California, and operates in 41 states across the country through the efforts of approximately 18,000 employees, including Mercer Island, WA. Employees here are rewarded with great benefits and competitive compensation.
- "Floyd|Snider is a growing environmental consulting firm which offers a challenging work environment and the opportunity to be involved in a variety of interesting projects addressing environmental cleanup and redevelopment objectives." The firm employs civil and environmental engineers, project managers, environmental scientists, geologists, geochemists, oceanographers, database specialists, and strategic design and policy experts, as well as a team of professional project/office assistants who contribute support and coordination services for project management, scheduling, communications, and document control.
- Fugro Seafloor Surveys, Inc (FSSI) is located in downtown Seattle, and they conduct international, multidiscipline marine surveys, providing expertise in marine geology, sonar engineering, software design, swath mapping, data processing, submarine cable route engineering and geophysical research. FSSI offers challenging positions that allow employees to expand their skills and advance their careers through innovation and responsibility; international travel and work experiences both onshore and off.
- Grays Harbor Community Hospital is located in Aberdeen, WA. They currently have open career opportunities in both professional and non-professional fields and they provide employees with competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- Hatch Energy is a power and energy consulting, engineering and management company with operations worldwide. The firm was established in 1924 as H.G. Acres and Company, they employ about 1,300 people and maintain an office in Seattle, WA. Check out their career opportunity offerings and see if there's a match for you!
- Historical Research Associates, Inc. (HRA) provides consulting services to public and private clients in the areas of Cultural Resource Management, Litigation Support, and Natural Resource History. HRA maintains a home office in Missoula, MT and branch office locations in Seattle, WA & Portland, OR.
- Island Hospital provides employees with an excellent benefit package and a wide range of opportunities for continued growth. "Island Hospital is located in Anacortes, Washington, USA, and is known for its big-hospital range of service in a small acute-care facility." They also manage Family Care Clinics in Anacortes and on Lopez Island.
- Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services, including scientific and specialty consulting as well as all aspects of engineering and construction, and operations & maintenance. Their global network includes more than 60 major offices (including Richland& Seattle, WA) in over 15 countries. With company headquarters are in Pasadena, California, Jacobs has career opportunities available in a variety of fields and provides competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- "Kenworth Truck Company, a division of PACCAR, Inc., is a recognized leader of innovative design concepts utilizing state-of-the-art engineering technologies in the design of heavy duty trucks. The company maintains its headquarters in Kirkland, Washington and operates manufacturing plants in Chillicothe, Ohio, Ste. Therese, Quebec and Renton, Washington." They offer a variety of career opportunities in the engineering, marketing, research, manufacturing and sales of heavy duty trucks built under the Kenworth nameplate.
- Kindred Healthcare - Kindred Hospital Seattle is an 80-bed acute care hospital providing care for patients throughout the Pacific Northwest Region. Kindred provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and a fair and safe work environment.
- Layfield Group Limited - is a vertically integrated, ISO registered organization that manufactures, fabricates, installs and distributes a diverse range of environmental, construction and industrial products and services. Layfield's corporate office is located in Vancouver (Richmond), British Columbia, Canada with additional manufacturing, construction and distribution facilities located across the United States West Coast (including Seattle, WA) and Canada. In addition to their US and Canadian business, Layfield is active on a global basis serving clients in Mexico, South America, Asia and Europe.
- LeRoy Surveyors & Engineers (LSE Inc.) provides a full-range of engineering, surveying, development, planning, design and consulting services. Located in Sumner, WA, LSE offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a positive, supportive workplace.
- Microsoft Jobs operates three core business divisions, the Platform Products & Services Division, the Business Division and the Entertainment & Devices Division to best serve their customers. Headquartered in Redmond, WA, Microsoft has a large global presence with offices and development centers worldwide. The company offers career opportunities worldwide, so check out what their site may have to offer you!
- "Moffatt & Nichol was founded in 1945 to provide design engineering services to the United States Navy and the growing commercial waterfront in Southern California." Today the firm has grown to be a leader in the planning and design of the infrastructure and facilities that surround our rivers, harbors and coastlines as well as innovators in the transportation complexities associated with the movement of freight. The company operates 22 offices in the U.S., Canada and the UK, including one in Seattle, WA and they currently have numerous career opportunities available in several disciplines.
- Nordstrom was founded in 1901 as a single shoe store. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, the company operates store and other facilities at locations in 28 U.S. states. If you're dreaming of an exciting career in sales, store management or buying, this may be the beginning for you. At Nordstrom, the opportunities really are endless.
- Olympic Medical Center - "Established on Nov. 1, 1951, Olympic Memorial Hospital opened its doors and took its first significant steps towards becoming one of the top rural medical facilities in the country." "Today’s Olympic Medical Center not only includes the hospital, but also other entities that provide top-notch medical care in the community." Olympic Medical is the premier provider of health care and the largest employer in the Olympic Peninsula.
- "Founded in 1969 in Sumner, Washington by leaders in the field of wastewater engineering, Parametrix has grown through the years to include additional core disciplines in transportation, natural resources, toxicology and risk sciences, and solid waste management. Today, still headquartered in Sumner, WA, the firm is 100% employee-owned and they operate offices in several cities in the Pacific Northwest. Career paths here include scientists, engineers & planners.
- Port Blakely Companies is a family-owned business that can trace its history back to 1852. It is also a family of businesses operating Port Blakely Tree Farms, L.P., Port Blakely Communities, and Blakely Pacific, Ltd. Check out the possible career opportunities here and see if one might be right for you!
- Public Health - The City of Seattle and King County governments had their own health departments until the two merged in 1951 forming what is now Public Health. Now serving 1.7 million residents of King County, Public Health currently has several career opportunities available in a variety of career paths.
- Sterling Savings Bank headquarters are centrally located in Spokane, Washington, and they operate full-service branches throughout Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and Montana. Sterling offers a complete range of financial services, including checking and savings, consumer and mortgage loans, high-yield investments, complete business banking and more. The company provides encouraging leadership, great pay and comprehensive employee benefits.
- Totem Ocean Trailer Express (TOTE) - The history of Totem Ocean Trailer Express (TOTE) begins with the oil development of Prudhoe Bay in Alaska. Headquartered in Federal Way, WA, TOTE is a privately owned Alaska corporation operating a fleet of (RO/RO) cargo ships to Alaska between the Ports of Anchorage and Tacoma, Washington. Additionally, TOTE provides overland highway and intermodal connections throughout greater Alaska, the Lower 48 States, and Canada.
- Virignia Mason Medical Center is a regional referral center for the Pacific Northwest. They combine a 390-physician primary care and multi-specialty group practice with a satellite system of neighborhood clinics throughout the Puget Sound Region. At their Seattle Campus they operate a 336-bed hospital and the Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason. The Bailey-Boushay House, a skilled nursing facility, provides adult day health and in-patient services to people living with AIDS and other complex nursing needs. At Virginia Mason, you will find jobs in nursing, allied health, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and radiology, just to name a few.
- Washington Mutual (WaMu) - A long dry spell and a burning glue pot touched off the fire that blackened the business district of Seattle on June 6, 1889, engulfing 25 city blocks and destroying nearly everything in its 120-acre path. The Washington National Building Loan and Investment Association filed articles of incorporation on September 25, 1889, to offer its stockholders a safe and profitable vehicle for investing and lending. This allowed the Association to help Seattle residents rebuild after the fire. The company made the first monthly-installment home loan on the Pacific Coast on February 10, 1890. Today, Washington Mutual conducts business through four primary business lines: Retail Banking & Financial Services, Home Loans, Commercial Banking, and Card Services. WaMu offers a variety of career opportunities in several fields.
- "Washington Trust Bank is looking for talented professionals with unwavering integrity that can deliver excellent service and creative solutions while recognizing the value of teamwork." Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Washington Trust is the largest privately owned commercial bank in the Northwest and they have served the region since 1902. Today, they have offices in Washington, Idaho, Oregon and Utah.