Virginia’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with Virginia’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the Virginias employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- Advanced Science and Automation Corp. provides advanced software solutions for modeling, simulation, and design optimization of physical systems; and virtual-reality based training and education. Located in Hampton, VA & Indianapolis, IN, this firm offers an excellent salary/benefits package, a great working environment, and a flexible work schedule.
- AES Corporation is one of the world's leading power companies. Generating and distributing electric power in 26 countries through an array of world-class power businesses, AES was founded in 1961 and is headquartered in Arlington, VA. They are always looking for great people to join their team.
- Albermarle Corporation provides innovative development, manufacturing and marketing of complex chemicals and services and is a global supplier of specialty chemicals. Albermarle corporate exectuive headquarters is located in Richmond, VA, but the company has locations and facilities worldwide. This firm currently has several career opportunities available.
- Allen Corporation of America is a dynamic company providing expertise in the analysis, design, deployment, customization, operations and maintenance of information technology products. Founded over 30 years ago and headquartered in Fairfax, VA, Allen Corporation is always interested in hearing more about motivated, talented professionals who are seeking a challenging career.
- "AmCad is a full service technology service and solutions provider for state and local government agencies. Founded in 1986, AmCad was formed to partner with government in the development and implementation of “automating” technologies – specifically in the automation of public records." Located in Herndon, VA, AmCad is always looking for creative and qualified people for a variety of disciplines including COM+ Specialists, XML Developers, Project Managers and Land Records Specialists, to name a few.
- "Amerigroup Corporation, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, improves healthcare access and quality for low-income Americans by developing innovative managed health services for the public sector." "Amerigroup serves more than 1.2 million people in the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia." The company is committed to associate career development and growth, providing unlimited opportunities in a culturally diverse, energetic environment.
- "Analex Corporation provides high tech professional services primarily to the U.S. Government in the fields of information technology, aerospace engineering, security and intelligence support." With corporate headquarters in Fairfax, VA and 11 other offices located throughout the U.S., Analex seeks employees who are dedicated, talented, and enthusiastic to join their team. The firm provides competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and cost-effective choices allowing employees to better tailor benefits to their requirements.
- Apogen Technologies is a leading provider of technology solutions in the federal marketplace. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Apogen has offices and locations throughout the U.S., as well as one in Springfield, VA. The firm is growing rapidly and they are always looking for bright, energetic people who are willing to go the extra mile. Apogen provides employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Appix is a specialized technology solutions provider that has served leading companies in the financial services industry since 1994. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Appix currently has a variety of career opportunities available in several disciplines.
- "Argon ST, headquartered in Fairfax, VA, has established an outstanding reputation for creating innovative electronic communications systems that meet or exceed our customers' needs." Career opportunities here include software & systems engineering, engineering support and business operations.
- "Athena Technologies provides advanced hardware and software solutions - from design through integration - for military and commercial unmanned vehicle applications that demand the highest degree of reliability and robustness." Established in 1998, Athena Technologies is located in Warrenton, VA and provides its employees a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
- "BeckITSystems, Inc. is a growing high performance technology services company looking for talented, customer focused people." Established in 2000 and headquartered in Dulles, VA, BeckITSystems serves Maryland, Northern Virginia & Washington, D.C. Check out the current open opportunities listed here.
- "From sourcing, to offshore management, to compliance and risk management - BlueCanopy helps businesses soar. Headquartered in Reston, VA, the company has locations across North America and is admired industry-wide for outstanding IT management excellence. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity, believe in sharing risk and reward and have the consulting mindset to deliver unsurpassed quality to clients, then an opportunity may exist for you at Blue Canopy.
- Brink's Co. headquartered in Richmond, VA, can trace the company history back to 1859 and reflects a tradition of recognizing talent, encouraging innovation and commitment to quality. The company offers an attractive salary and comprehensive benefits package and currently has opportunities to fulfill almost any ambition - from armored guard and currency room teller to business analyst, customer support, network engineering and more.
- CACI International, Inc. provides the IT and network solutions needed to prevail in today's new era of defense, intelligence and e-government - from systems integration and managed network solutions to knowledge management, engineering, simulation and information assurance. Founded in 1962 and headquartered in Arlington, VA, CACI has more than 130 offices in North America and Western Europe and currently has approximately 10,200 employees worldwide.
- Cairo Corporation is a specialist in helping federal civilian agency customers provide remarkable service to the citizen and helping the Department of Defense customers provide remarkable service to the warfighter. Headquartered in Chantilly, VA, Cairo Corp. is a highly successful Woman Owned Business that has earned recognition and several awards. "Cairo personnel accept challenging and rewarding work and in return get excellent compensation and benefits plans and the opportunity for personal and professional fulfillment."
- Capital One® is a diversified financial services company offering a broad array of credit, savings and loan products to customers in the United States, UK, and Canada. Capital One has offices and locations throughout the U.S., in Toronto, CA, Nottingham & London, UK, Madrid, Spain and is headquartered in McLean, VA. The company is now hiring for tellers, analysts& compliance .. so, check out these and other opportunities here!!
- CarMax, Inc., headquartered in Richmond, VA, is the nation's largest retailer of used cars. "CarMax currently operates 74 used car superstores in 35 markets. CarMax also operates seven new car franchises, all of which are integrated or co-located with its used car superstores." The company is currently hiring for home office positions, auto finance positions in Atlanta, GA and for store positions throughout the U.S.
- Windows Catering Company, located on Washington Drive in Alexandria, VA, is one of Washington DC's premier off-premise caterers. Windows provides full-service catering, party planning and event management services for corporate entertaining, galas & fundraisers, social events, weddings, receptions and business breakfasts & luncheons. Check out their opportunities in Sales or for Event or Kitchen Staff positions.
- Cavalier Telephone is the largest full service competitive communications provider in the country. Commercially, they offer large telecom carriers and Fortune 500 companies high quality broadband solutions, while serving governmental agencies and medium-sized businesses with a comprehensive portfolio of highly competitive voice and data services. Cavalier headquarters is located in Richmond, VA, but they operate in 5 mid-Atlantic states and the District of Columbia serving both business and residential customers. They are always looking for good people to fill postions in a variety of disciplines.
- Chesapeake Corporation is a leading international supplier of value-added specialty paperboard & plastic packaging. Chesapeake was founded in 1918 and today has locations and facilities in Africa, Asia, Europe & North America. Headquartered in Richmond, VA., Chesapeake employees receive competitive salaries and benefits to reward and compensate them for their efforts and results.
- Circuit City was founded in 1949 by Sam Wurtzel in Richmond, VA. Today, still headquartered in Richmond, Circuit City operates more than 600 stores nationwide and employs over 40,000 associates. Circuit City is a place where you can put your talents and abilities to the test daily in one of their many diverse departments. The firm cultivates a relaxed, open atmosphere, with communication and teamwork.
- The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is a private, not-for-profit educational institution that receives no regular state or federal funding. The Foundation preserves and interprets the Historic Area, operates for-profit subsidiaries, including hotels, restaurants, convention facilities, and golf courses and sells licensed products and reproductions. CWF provides competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits to employees looking for career opportunities. They also offer academic internships and paid fellowships or internships, as well as as seasonal positions.
- comScore Networks is a global Internet information provider to which leading companies turn for consumer behavior insight that drives successful marketing, sales and trading strategies. Headquartered in Reston, VA, the firm also has offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, CA and London UK. comScore Networks is looking for talented, creative, high initiative individuals and offers the opportunity to experience the excitement, challenge and rewards of working in an entrepreneurial, fast growing, and industry-leading company.
- "Communication Technologies, Inc. (COMTek) is a leading-edge company focusing on Telecommunications/Broadband, IT Managed Services, and Training." Founded in 1990 by Joseph E. Fergus, COMTek is headquartered in Chantilly, VA. "If you are a highly motivated, energetic professional who is looking for a dynamic and innovative work environment, you will want to take a closer look at COMTek!"
- Dollar Tree Stores traces its roots back to 1953 when K. R. Perry opened a Ben Franklin variety store in downtown Norfolk, Virginia. "Through the 1970s and 1980s, K&K 5&10 evolved and grew to a multi-state chain of toy stores, with the assistance of Dollar Tree's founders Doug Perry, Macon Brock and Ray Compton." Headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, Dollar Tree operates stores in all 48 contiguous states.
- Dominion Resources is one of the nation's largest producers of energy. Tracing its history back to the 1800s, Dominion is headquartered in Richmond, VA. This company uses pre-employment tests to build a superior, diverse workforce. These fair and objective aptitude tests help them consistently select capable, qualified individuals for careers.
- "EcomNets, Inc. is recognized as a leading Business Rules Integration, Business Process Management and IT Governance Integration company that develops highly-innovative, rapidly-implemented, and extremely cost effective enterprise integration solutions." The company is represented by a worldwide network of wholly owned subsidiaries with offices spanning 3 continents, but is headquartered in Sterling, VA.
- ECS Federal, Inc. , founded in 1993 and headquartered in Fairfax, VA, "is a one hundred thirty person IT professional services firm with over $18 million in annual revenue, and one of the fastest growing certified Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB) in the United States." "With outstanding benefits, an exciting work environment, and ample opportunity for growth, ECS is the obvious choice for the technology leaders of today and tomorrow."
- "General Dynamics was officially established February 21, 1952, although it has organizational roots dating back to the late 1800s. The company was formed after its predecessor and current operating division, Electric Boat, acquired the aircraft company Canadair Ltd. and began building the first nuclear-powered submarine, USS Nautilus." "General Dynamics is headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, and employs approximately 81,100 people in the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. The company offers exceptional career opportunities to qualified men and women."
- iDirect Technologies is at the forefront of delivering broadband Internet access, via satellite, worldwide. iDirect Technologies' corporate headquarters is located in Herndon, VA, and the company provides an excellent compensation package, including a competitive salary, equity instruments, 401(k) plan, and medical insurance.
- "INDUS Corporation , an IT services provider, delivers unparalleled customer satisfaction by applying its full resources and capabilities to specialized mission critical initiatives in Federal agencies including NASA, the Departments of Justice, Commerce, and Homeland Security, and expanding into Defense and Intelligence space. Located in Vienna, VA, this firm offers a high quality work environment, an outstanding compensation and benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
- "Inova Health System is a not-for-profit health care system based in Northern Virginia that consists of hospitals and other health services including emergency and urgent care centers, home care, nursing homes, mental health and blood donor services, and wellness classes." Inova Health System currently has open career opportunities in a variety of disciplines, both professional and non-professional.
- "IntelliDyne, LLC is at the forefront of new technology. IntelliDyne's solutions offer the performance, availability, security, and scalability to meet an organization's end-to-end information technology needs." "IntelliDyne is a 100% privately held Virginia based corporation with its headquarters in Falls Church." The firms full time employees are provides with a very competitive benefit package that includes a Health Plan, 401K plan, paid vacation and sick days.
- LanceSoft Inc. is an ISO 9001-2000 certified global IT Services and Solutions Company, headquartered in Chantilly Virginia. LanceSoft offers attractive compensation packages, positive and productive work environments and challenging assignments.
- With their roots in the title insurance industry, LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc. has been providing real estate transaction services for more than 125 years. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, the firm has more than 900 branches and a network of more than 10,000 active agents in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Canada, the Caribbean, and Central and South America. LandAmerica offers comprehensive benfits and currently has career opportunities available.
- ManTech International Corporation is a leading provider of innovative technologies and solutions for mission-critical national security programs for the Intelligence Community; the Departments of Defense, State, Homeland Security, and Justice; the Space Community; and other U.S. federal government customers. Founded in 1968 and headquartered in Fairfax, VA, the company has locations in more than 38 countries world-wide and approximately 6,000 employees.
- "Markel Corporation has been in business since the 1920's, and has grown from a small family business to what it is today, a multi-million dollar international specialty insurance provider." Located in Glen Allen, VA, Markel sells specialty insurance products and programs to a variety of niche markets.
- Media General, Inc. can trace its history back to 1850 when James A Cowardin founded the Richmond Dispatch. Today, the firm, still headquartered in Richmond, VA, operates 3 metropolitan newspapers, owns and operates more than 23 network-affiliated broadcast television stations and operates more than 75 online enterprises that are affiliated with the company’s newspapers and television stations. As a growing communications company, they have positions available on the front lines and behind the scenes throughout the sunny Southeast.
- "MicroPact Engineering, Inc. is a full service consulting firm that has been certified under the 8(a) program by the Small Business Administration and specializes in high quality solutions in both Information Technology and Environmental fields." Headquartered in Herndon, VA, this firm has career opportunities available for developers.
- Mitre Corporation is a not-for-profit organization chartered to work in the public interest, as a national resource, applying expertise in systems engineering, information technology, operational concepts, and enterprise modernization to address sponsors' critical needs. The firm has two principal locations, one in Bedford, MA and one in McLean VA, with additional sites in the U.S. and world-wide. To check out their current open career opportunities and the benefits they offer, visit this site today!
- The National Wildlife Federation (NWF) inspires Americans to protect wildlife for our children's future. Headquartered in Reston, VA, the NWF has 9 regional offices located at strategic locations throughout the U.S. Join NWF's enthusiastic team of people working to protect the nation's wildlife and wild places.
- Norfolk Southern Corp. (NS) is the product of more than 200 railroad mergers spanning a century and a half. Beginning in 1838 with a nine-mile line from Petersburg, Va., to City Point, Va., NW grew to a system serving 14 states and a province of Canada on more than 7,000 miles of road. Today, NS operates approximately 21,300 route miles in 22 eastern states, the District of Columbia and Ontario, Canada and serves all major eastern ports, connecting with rail partners in the West and Canada, linking customers to markets around the world. They offer a wide variety of challenging employment opportunities.
- NVR, Inc. is one of the top 10 largest homebuilders in the United States. Headquartered in Reston, VA, NVR, Inc. operates in two business segments: homebuilding and mortgage banking. The company builds homes in 13 eastern U.S. states. Career paths for this firm include sales & Marketing, Production Supervision & Management, Finance & Corporate Accounting. Check out what's available here for you today!
- Owens & Minor is the leading distributor of national name-brand medical and surgical supplies and a healthcare supply-chain management company. Founded in Richmond, Virginia in 1882 and headquartered in Richmond, VA, Owens & Minor has locations throughout the U.S. and they strive to offer the most competitive total compensation package available.
- Paloma Systems, Inc. is an 8(a) certified, small disadvantaged, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned information technology company incorporated in Virginia in 1998. Located in Fairfax, VA, Paloma offers competitive salaries with comprehensive benefits.
- Payerpath, Inc., located in Richmond, VA, provides innovative products and services that manage healthcare financial transactions for providers and payers. This firm is constantly seeking innovative individuals who want to make an impact in the healthcare industry. In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, they offer a professional environment where you’ll be challenged and rewarded for your contributions.
- Performance Food Group's (PFG) earliest roots can be traced to 1875, when a food brokerage and distribution company was formed in Richmond, Virginia. Today, headquartered in Richmond, VA, Performance Food Group has grown into one of the nation's leading foodservice distributors. If you're ready to set your career in motion in the food service industry, this might be the place for you.
- "Philip Morris USA, Inc. is the nation’s leading cigarette manufacturer and for more than 20 consecutive years has had the highest revenues, income, volume and market share among U.S. tobacco companies." Philip Morris USA Inc. headquarters is located in Richmond, Virginia, but the company has sales offices across the U.S and a second manufacturing facility in Cabarrus County, North Carolina. "The Company provides a wide range of benefits for salaried full-time employees - from retirement planning and medical coverage to work/life balance initiatives such as on-site fitness centers and concierge services. Part-time or hourly employee benefits may differ."
- "Plateau Systems, LTD is a leading provider of web-based software for developing, managing and optimizing organizational talent to increase workforce productivity and maximize operating performance." Located in Arlington, VA, Plateau is committed to employee growth, lifelong learning, recognition for superior performance and fostering a culture that rewards employee contributions. The company currently has several career opportunities available.
- "Pyramid Systems, Inc. is a professional and technical services firm specializing in providing services in the areas of management and information technology consulting, infrastructure management, and program and administrative support." Based in Fairfax, VA, this firm’s competitive salary and benefit program, enables the firm to attract and retain qualified staff who remain highly motivated.
- RS Information Systems (RSIS) provides information technology, systems engineering and technical assistance, telecommunications services, scientific support services, and management consulting to a wide range of federal government agencies. Headquartered in McLean, VA, RSIS is a privately held, African-American owned firm with 1,800 employees, of which 65% are women, minorities and veterans. "The benefits at RSIS are virtually unmatched by most other companies because we believe that highly motivated professionals provide superior service."
- SallieMae® is the nation's leading provider of student loans and administrator of college savings plans. Created in 1972, with offices and service centers throughout the U.S., SallieMae® offers an entrepreneurial environment, rich with opportunity and reward and employees enjoy excellent benefits.
- Sentara was founded in Norfolk, Virginia in 1888 as the 25-bed Retreat for the Sick, beginning Sentara’s rich 118-year history. Today, Sentara is the largest integrated health care provider in southeastern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina serving more than 2 million residents. Operating more than 87 care giving sites, including acute care hospitals, outpatient care campuses, nursing centers and assisted living centers, Sentara has career opportunities available in both professional and non-professional disciplines.
- "Based in Smithfield, Virginia, Smithfield Foods is the world’s largest pork processor and the fifth-largest U.S. beef processor. Smithfield owns subsidiaries in France, Poland, Romania and the United Kingdom, and has joint ventures or major investments in Brazil, Mexico, Spain and China and they employ more than 52,000 people worldwide. They accept applications' for a wide variety of positions in the food industry including production, administrative, accounting, customer service, supervisory management, technical services, information technology and plant maintenance.
- Tredegar Corporation is a global manufacturer of plastic films and aluminum extrusions based in Richmond, VA. Employing over 3,000 people at more than 20 locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America, Tredegar Wants to attract innovative people with diverse interests, skills and backgrounds.
- Verizon Federal Network Systems (FNS) started life as a division in the Bolt, Baranek, and Newman (BBN) Corporation which was founded in 1947. Verizon FNS's expert technical personnel design, build, and maintain mission-critical networks for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Department of Defense (DOD) and the Treasury Department among others. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Verizon FNS provides employees with competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- "VIPdesk specializes in delivering Concierge Programs, Virtual Contact Center Services, and Reward Redemption Services for national brand leaders in the travel, auto, financial services, and retail industries." Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, VIPdesk has corporate and concierge opportunities, as well as Brand Ambassador Opportunities (Home-Based Independent Contractors).
- WebSurveyor is the leading provider of do-it-yourself online survey solutions. Headquartered in downtown Herndon, VA, WebSurveyor offers a fun, relaxed, and dynamic working environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- W R Systems, Ltd., a Fairfax, VA-based information technology (IT) and engineering firm, provides cutting edge technology services to the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and Department of Justice, as well as numerous civilian Government agencies and organizations in the commercial sector. This firm uses Prohire.com, a recruitment hosting website for listing their opportunities and for applications.
- XO Communications provides clients with a reliable, end-to-end source for telecom services with a broad product suite backed by trustworthy, dependable customer service. Located in Reston, VA, XO is positioned as one of the only national, local end-to-end broadband communications companies in U.S. Check the career opportunities available here and be provided with excellent salary and benefits programs.