Vermont’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with Vermont’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the Vermonts employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- "Alfred Neel Deringer founded A.N. Deringer, Inc. in 1919 as a privately held corporation providing Customs brokerage and clearing services." Today, as one of the largest, privately held Customs brokers in North America, Deringer also helps importers and exporters manage their supply chains more efficiently. Headquartered in St. Albans, VT, this firm owns and operates more than 30 offices and distribution centersin the United States. "Deringer offers a wide variety of career opportunities in areas as diverse as Customs brokerage, distribution center operations, corporate administration, transportation logistics, finance, business development, customer service, technology and others."
- Ben & Jerry's was founded by Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield in 1978 when they opened their Ben & Jerry’s Homemade ice cream scoop shop in a renovated gas station at the corner of St. Paul and College Streets in downtown Burlington, Vermont, on May 5. Ben & Jerry’s offers a progressive benefits package that includes the usual stuff plus paid family leave, health club memberships and three free pints of Vermont’s Finest super premium ice cream, frozen yogurt and sorbets every day!
- BioTek Instruments, Inc. is a global leader in the development, manufacture and sale of microplate instrumentation and software. The company's origins date back to 1968 and they are headquartered in Winooski, VT. They offer their employees a respectful, honest and open environment where they can learn and grow, as well as competitive and comprehensive benefits.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Vermont (BCBSVT) - was founded in 1944 and is the state's only Vermont-based health coverage carrier. Headquartered in Montpelier, VT, BCBSVT currently has several career opportunities open for your perusal. This firm provides competitive compensation, a great benefits package and has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont!
- Bruegger's Bagels - "Today, more than 20 years after the first Bruegger's opened in Troy, New York, there are approximately 254 Bruegger's throughout the U.S., with more on the way!" Bruegger's has great opportunities for Genera Managers, Managers, Shift Supervisors, Bakers and Counter Associates and from time to time may have corporate headquarter opportunities in Burlington, VT.
- Burton Snowboards is headquartered in Burlington (Vermont, USA) with locations in Wrentham (Mass., USA), Irvine (California, USA), New York (NY, USA), Innsbruck (Austria) and Tokyo (Japan). Founded by Jake Burton in 1977, bringing your dog to the office and skipping work on those epic days when it snows more than two feet are two of the best benefits of working at Burton. Find your dream job here!
- Cabot Creamery was founded by a group of farmers in 1919 so they could turn their excess milk into butter and market it throughout New England. In 1930, the company hired its first cheesemaker and cheddar cheese entered the product line for the first time. Today the firm is still 100% owned by their farm families, and they are headquartered in Montpelier, VT. To be considered for a position here, you must mail your resume to the Human Resources department.
- Central Vermont Medical Center (CVMC) is the primary health care provider for 66,000 people who live and work in central Vermont. CVMC traces its history back to 1895 when Homer W. Heaton founded Heaton Hospital in Montpelier, VT. Today, CVMC, located in Barre, VT, operates a hospital facility with 122 licensed beds and employs nearly 1,100 people. Central Vermont Medical Center is the largest employer in the region, excluding the State and they currently have career opportunities available in a variety of disciplines.
- "Chittenden Bank & Trust Company , a subsidiary of Chittenden Corporation, is Vermont's largest full-service bank with more than 50 offices and 670 employees throughout the state to serve its consumer, small business and corporate business clients." "Originally chartered in 1904 as the Chittenden County Trust Company, Chittenden is proud to now count one out of three Vermont households as customers." Headquartered in Burlington, VT, Chittenden has offices and branches throughout Vermont and New England .. explore their open career opportunities and discover if there's one for you!
- "Chroma Technology Corp. is a manufacturer of interference filters for the ultra-violet, visible and near-infrared portions of the spectrum, including bandpass, multiple bandpass, and long and short pass filters, as well as beamsplitters, dichroic mirrors and laser rejection filters." Based in Rockingham, VT, Chroma is an employee-owned company.
- Fletcher Allen Health Care is both a community hospital and, in partnership with the University of Vermont, the state’s academic health center. Based in Burlington, VT, Fletcher Allen serves approximately 150,000 residents in Chittenden and Grand Isle counties and provides primary care services at nine Vermont sites. "Fletcher Allen Health Care, its three founding organizations and the University of Vermont College of Medicine, share a rich history dating back to the 1800s." Please know that extensive background checks are required for all new hires here.
- "From the first U.S. jet engine to the most powerful commercial jet engine ever built, G.E. - Aviation continues to lead the industry in the development of new technologies for tomorrow's aircraft." GE - Aviation has operations around the world including facilities used for engine manufacturing, engine overhaul, component repair, accessories, engine testing and on wing support. Employing more than 26,500 world-wide, the company is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH.
- "Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. is a leader in the specialty coffee industry and has been recognized by Forbes Magazine for the past three years as one of the “200 Best Small Companies in America.” Headquartered in Waterbury, VT, the Company roasts high-quality arabica coffees and offers over 75 coffee selections including single-origins, estates, certified organics, Fair Trade, proprietary blends, and flavored coffees that it sells under the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters® brand."
- Green Mountain Power (GMP) sells electricity and energy services and products to about one-fourth of Vermont's retail electricity customers, serving half of the state's 14 counties. Based in Colchester, VT, GMP looks for skilled, hardworking people and offers a dynamic work environment in an exciting, ever-evolving industry.
- Hubbardton Forge - "Thirty years ago Hubbardton Forge was founded as a blacksmithing and metals studio located in the stone foundation of an old barn. Over the years, the two-man studio has grown into an award-winning domestic lighting and accessories manufacturing company with over 230 skilled and dedicated professionals." Located in Castleton, VT, Hubbardton currently has open positions available in the production department.
- Karl Johnson Trucking, Inc, provides walking floor & flatbed services throughout the Northeast United States and Southern Quebec. Founded in 1984 and located in Lyndonville, VT, the company now operates over 70 trucks. Karl Johnson Trucking currently has positions open and they offer an competitive salary, full benefit package, performance incentive program, paid vacations, uniforms and great equipment.
- "Killington Resort is the largest ski and snowboard resort in the eastern United States, featuring the most diverse terrain, an expansive lift network, the largest snowmaking system in the world and numerous off-mountain activities." Killington offers a variety of positions with competitive wages. This resort is an impressive place to begin or diversify your career and to enjoy the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont.
- King Arthur Flour - "Started in Boston in 1790 and now based in Norwich, Vt., America's oldest flour company has grown from a regional staple to a brand know nationwide not only for its high-quality flours but for our passion in sharing the joy of baking." King Arthur Flour is also the parent company of The Baker's Catalogue, which offers more than 1,000 professional-grade baking tools and ingredients through its catalogue, online at www.bakerscatalogue.com, and at The Baker's Store in Norwich, Vt.
- Lane Press, Inc. is distinguished by its rich history of printing and publishing innovation. Located in South Burlington, VT and founded in 1904, the company has grown from a small letterpress operation with a handful of employees to a prominent magazine printer with 350 employees. If you are looking for a challenging career and want to be involved with a growing company dedicated to providing superior services to customers of distinction, then check out the current open opportunities here.
- Merchants Bank of Vermont was organized in 1849, and took a national charter in 1865, becoming The Merchants National Bank of Burlington, Vermont. The Bank maintains 35 full-service banking offices and three additional ATM-only locations throughout Vermont. Merchants Bank offers a competitive compensation plan, plus great benefits, a generous 401(k) and growth opportunity.
- "National Live Group is a dynamic and growing family of financial service companies unified in fundamental values and purpose, but differentiated by specialty, structure and size. Companies of the National Life Group operate from locations throughout the United States and offer products and services which help individuals and businesses meet their financial goals." Located in Montpelier, VT, this company is seeking talented and motivated individuals. National Live provides employees with competitive compensation and benefits.
- Northfield Savings Bank (NSB) located in Northfield, VT, was founded in 1867 as a mutual bank by a group of committed Vermonters. NSB offers complete financial services for families and businesses AND donates 10% of its profits to community organizations.
- "NRG Systems produces complete wind assessment systems, tilt-up towers, instruments and sensors that measure and analyze wind speed, direction and other environmental data crucial to siting and operating wind energy projects." Headquartered in Hinesburg, VT, in a new 46,000 'green' facility, NRG Systems expects to double their workforce over the next five years. NRG provides employees with a compensation and benefits package that not only enhances the quality of life in their workplace, but also enhances the quality of employees’ lives away from the workplace.
- Northwestern Medical Center (NMC) is a vibrant, not-for-profit, primary care hospital nestled at the top of Fairfield Street in St. Albans, Vermont. Tracing their history back to the 1880s, NMC employs more than 570 people. Northwestern currently has several open career opportunities in various professional disciplines.
- Orvis is the oldest mail order company in the USA and has been outfitting customers since 1856. "Orvis is headquartered in beautiful Manchester, Vermont with major operations in Roanoke, Virginia and the U.K." Orvis has open career opportunities at the corporate headquarters, in retail stores across the country and in the Roanoke, VA service center.
- Porter Medical Center, Inc. founded by William Henry Porter, is located in Middlebury, VT. A non-profit health care system, Porter provides 24-hour emergency services and comprehensive medical care for residents of a broad service area. Porter Medical Center provides employees with competitive compensation and benefits and currently has both professional and non-professional positions open in both the Medical Center and in the Helen Porter Healthcare & Rehabilitation facility.
- "Retreat Healthcare, founded in 1834 as the Brattleboro Retreat, is a not-for-profit, regional specialty mental health and addictions treatment center, providing a full range of diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitation services for individuals of all ages and their families." Nationally recognized for its premiere treatment in behavioral healthcare, Retreat Healthcare offers a wide variety of career opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical, for those seeking a rewarding, exciting, and challenging career.
- Rhino Foods, Inc. (Rhino) is a speciality ice cream novelty and ice cream ingredient manufacturer located in Burlington, VT. Rhino provides a "Skill Based Pay" (SBP) compensation system and competitive benefits to employees and they currently have open career opportunities.
- "Rutland Regional Medical Center was established as Rutland Hospital on September 6, 1896." Rutland Regional has 188 beds, with over 1,380 employees and 370 volunteers. "Applications are always accepted for Registered Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Radiology Technologists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Medical Technologists."
- Seventh Generation is the leading brand of non-toxic household products designed for people who want environmentally friendly cleaning products and chlorine free paper goods. Located in Burlington, VT, Seventh Generation provides competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, so if an empowering, authentic, and values driven work environment appeals to you, and you are excited by the challenge of working in a small, rapidly growing company, they may be the place for you.
- Vermont Castings (VCM) manufactures in two product categories: Hearth and Heating Products and Barbecue and Outdoor Products. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, with several North American manufacturing facilities, including one in Randolph VT, this company has an off-site link for current job opportunities.
- Vermont Transit Lines, headquartered in Burlington, VT, has been providing dependable transportation services throughout the Northeast for nearly 70 years. They also offer connecting services throughout North America in conjunction with Greyhound Lines. They often have openings for different positions in several of our northeast locations.
- Vertek Corporation is a privately held professional services firm that was founded in 1988 by Jim McCormick, their CEO. Headquartered in Colchester, VT, their focus is on the telecommunications industry and clients include AT&T, Qwest, MCI, Equant, Infonet, and others. Vertek needs people who are talented and have a sincere interest in making customers happy. In return, they offer a competitive compensation package, an employee-respectful work environment, and a chance to learn every day.
- Visiting Nurse Association of Chittenden & Grand Isle Counties (VNA) cares for individuals and families through health and related services in homes and other community settings. Located in Colchester, VT, the VNA offers an outstanding benefit package for regular positions of at least 22.5 hours per week. This flexible benefit package along with great compensation makes it worth checking out the opportunities here.
- "World Learning is an international, not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting international understanding, peace, and social justice through advocacy, education, training, and field projects around the world. Headquartered in Brattleboro, Vermont, World Learning also has offices in Washington, D.C., Texas, California, and more than fifty locations around the world."