Tennessee’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with Tennessee’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the Tennessees employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- Access America Transport is on the cutting edge in the transportation industry. Access America hauls a wide variety of commodities including steel rods, brick, non perishable food items, and much more. Located in Chattanooga, TN, the company is always on the lookout for dependable, honest carriers. Initially started as a flatbed trucking company, Access America quickly moved into both refrigerated and van freight.
- Accurate Automation Corporation (AAC), is a world leader in avionics, hypersonics, and neural networks. Founded in 1985 and located in Chattanooga, TN, AAC is a woman-owned, high-tech developer of unmanned aircraft and guided missiles. Opportunities exist here for Ceramic Engineers, Aeronautical Engineers, Avionics Technicians & Image Processing Engineers, to name just a few of the disciplines. Most positions also require a government security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- "AutoZone is the No. 1 auto parts retailer in America. We sell auto and light truck parts, chemicals and accessories through over 3,600 AutoZone stores in 48 states and the District of Columbia in the United States and 84 AutoZone stores in Mexico." AutoZone's history is a rich one, beginning in 1979 and marked by many milestones - new name, new store designs, new products, new opportunities and new countries. Headquartered in Memphis, TN, the company currently has a variety of career opportunities available.
- Avondale Partners is an independent employee-owned investment banking firm focused on identifying and executing upon unique ideas and opportunities for their clients. Avondale is based in Nashville, TN, and also has offices in Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, San Diego and San Francisco. "The culture at Avondale is energetic, collaborative and entrepreneurial."
- Bank of Tennessee opened its first location in Kingsport in 1974. Located in Johnson City, TN, the bank now has 9 locations throughout northeast Tennessee. With a variety of career paths, an enjoyable, happy, and fun work environment, the Bank of Tennessee also provides comptetive compensation and benefits.
- Baptist Health System of East Tennessee is a charitable, not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting, protecting and restoring the health of the people of the East Tennessee region through the provision of high-quality, cost-effective healthcare services. The system is made up of a number of facilities including Baptist Hospital of East Tennessee, Baptist Hospital West, Baptist Hospital for Women, Baptist Hospital of Cocke County and Baptist Senior Health Centers. Check out their current job openings now!
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee been centered on the health and well being of Tennesseans for more than 60 years and is the largest health benefits company in the state, an independent, not-for-profit organization governed by its own board of directors. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with regional offices located throughout the state of Tennessee, this firm offers competitive compensation and a great benefits package.
- "In 1945, Buckman Laboratories International, Inc. started with one product, one 50-gallon process vessel and four employees in a small house in Memphis, Tennessee. Today, Buckman is a global business producing over 500 different products and employing over 1,300 people in over 70 countries." Buckman has locations in Africa, Europe, North America, South America & the Pacific Rim.
- "Chattanooga Group is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Encore Medical, a leading orthopedic device manufacturer. Founded in 1947, the company maintains headquarters in Chattanooga, Tennessee, with facilities in Belgium and Australia." Employees here enjoy competitive compensation, excellent corporate benefits, challenging career options and advancement opportunities.
- ClientLogic is a top five global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider in the customer care and back office processing industry. ClientLogic manages half-a-million daily customer interactions with a team of 22,000 associates, from 49 facilities, across 13 countries, in 21 languages. Corporate headquarters for this company are located in Nashville, TN, with European headquarters in Watford, England. ClientLogic rewards its employees with generous benefits packages which vary by geographical location, work status and tenure.
- Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) specializes in the design, building and management of prisons, jails and detention facilities and providing inmate residential and prisoner transportation services in partnership with government. CCA has approximately 72,500 beds in 65 facilities, including 40 owned facilities, under contract for management in 19 states and the District of Columbia. Headquartered in Nashville, TN, this firm is the nation’s largest provider of outsourced corrections management.
- "Community Health Systems Professional Services Corporation, located in a suburban community just south of Nashville, Tennessee, enjoys a well-respected reputation in the healthcare industry." "The organization's affiliates own, operate or lease 77 hospitals in 22 states, with an aggregate of more than 8,900 licensed beds. In more than 85 percent of the markets served, CHS-affiliated hospitals are the sole provider of healthcare services." Community Health Systems offers competitive compensation and generous benefits.
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, headquartered in Nashville, TN, is a specialty pharmaceutical company whose mission is to acquire currently marketed and late-stage development pharmaceutical products and grow them through marketing to targeted, underserved physician segments.
- "Eastman Chemical Company manufactures and markets chemicals, fibers and plastics worldwide. We provide key differentiated coatings, adhesives and specialty plastics products. We're the world's largest producer of PET polymers for packaging and a major supplier of cellulose acetate fibers. Founded in 1920 and headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, Eastman is a FORTUNE 500 company with 2005 sales of $7 billion and approximately 12,000 employees." Eastman offers endless possibilities for talented and innovative people to enjoy career paths filled with success and personal growth.
- Federal Express (FedEx) provides access to a growing global marketplace through a network of supply chain, transportation, business and related information services. In 1913,
C.J. Tower & Sons, the forerunner of FedEx Trade Networks subsidiary FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage, begins operation as a customs broker in Niagara Falls, N.Y. Today the company is headquartered in Memphis, TN and offers career opportunities in a multitude of disciplines internationally throughout its network of companies.
- First Horizon National Corporation (FHN) , headquartered in Memphis, TN, was established in 1864. Today they have about 13,000 employees and are one of the 30 largest bank holding companies in the U.S. FHN is committed to an environment where employees come first, where employees enjoy the benefits of ownership, and where employees are recognized as the reason they have one of the highest customer retention and satisfaction rates in the industry. They currently have several career opportunities available.
- Fred's headquarters and distribution center is located in Memphis, TN. The company opened its first store in 1947 and today operates over 683 stores and 283 pharmacies in 15 states throughout the Southeast and has over 10,000 employees. Fred's offers both full-time and part-time in a variety of locations and disciplines.
- "Genesco, Inc., a Nashville-based specialty retailer, sells footwear, headwear and accessories in more than 1,773 retail stores in the United States and Canada." Headquartered in Nashville, TN, the employees at Genesco enjoy a quality benefits package and competitive compensation. To view the current openings here, check out their "Search Careers" page.
- "Since its inception in 1877 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Hartmann, Inc. has been a leader in the travel goods industry. Based in Lebanon, Tennessee since 1959, Hartmann, one of the oldest luggage manufacturers in America, proudly handcrafts the finest quality luggage and leather goods to meet diverse and ever-changing travel needs. Hartmann offers employment in many major fields including marketing, sales, accounting, manufacturing, distribution, engineering, information systems, retail store management, and human resources.
- Hospital Corporation of America - "In the 1960s, Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. led an effort by a group of physicians to build Park View Hospital in Nashville, Tenn. By the mid-1960s, Dr. Frist and other Park View physicians were seeking a group to manage the hospital and provide capital to expand and to maintain the latest medical technology. In 1968, Dr. Frist, Jack C. Massey and Dr. Thomas Frist, Jr. formed their own hospital management company - Hospital Corporation of America, today known simply as HCA." Today they have 191 hospitals, 82 surgery centers and other affiliated facilities in the U.S. and Europe. Those facilities employ over 180,000 people.
- IASIS Healthcare Corporation, headquartered in Franklin, TN, owns and operates 14 general, acute-care hospitals, one behavioral hospital and three ambulatory surgery centers in Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Texas and Utah. Nearly 10,000 people are dedicated to providing patient care through IASIS community-based hospital networks. From administrative support, executive management, programmers and accountants, IASIS Healthcare employs a variety of administrative and support people in Nashville and the communities they serve.
- Infrastructure Corporation of America (ICA) is a total transportation asset management company, managing the assets of the U.S. transportation network through contracts with local, state and federal government agencies. Located in Brentwood, TN, ICA is a dynamic, growth-oriented company that is continually seeking positive, motivated people to become part of the ICA team.
- International Paper Company was established in 1898. The company has operations in nearly 40 countries, employs approximately 83,000 people worldwide and exports its products to more than 120 nations. IP has 23 locations in Tennessee, including their global headquarters located in Memphis. Check out the variety of career opportunities available here!
- King Pharmaceuticals, an S&P 500 Index company, is a vertically integrated branded pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets therapies and technologies primarily in the therapeutic areas of cardiovascular/metabolics, neuroscience and hospital/acute care. King corporate headquartes is located Bristol, TN, with operations and facilities in NJ, TN, MI, MO, FL, WI, NC & MD. The company currently has over 2,700 employees who enjoy competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
- "Headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. LifePoint Hospitals is one of the nation's largest hospital companies focused on non-urban healthcare, with 53 general acute care hospitals in 19 states." This firm provides a host of health related resources to non-urban settings face a difficult challenge in today's healthcare marketplace. Check out the possibilities closest to you at "The Communities We Serve" to see if there are current openings that may "fit" you!
- Founded in 1973, Louisiana Pacific (LP) is one of the leading manufacturers of premium building products in North America today, with 2005 sales in excess of $2.6 billion. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, they’re producing the products that build America’s homes at 29 manufacturing plants throughout the United States, Canada and Chile. Employees at LP find a refreshingly comfortable work environment, open-door policy, competitive compensation and benefits, and a passionate commitment to safety.
- McKee Foods Corp. is best known for their line of Little Debbie brand snack cakes. McKee Foods is a privately held, family-run company, that has grown from a three person bakery in 1934, to a group of companies that provides a livelihood for more than 6,000 employees, and has annual sales in excess of $1 billion. Headquartered in Collegedale, TN, this firm employs talented professionals in fields ranging from food science to transportation management.
- Methodist Healthcare - The Methodist Hospital of Memphis was chartered in 1918 and built on the site of University Hospital. "Today, Methodist Healthcare is one of the largest private not-for-profit health care systems in the country with more than 1,600 licensed beds and 10,000 Associates. What began as a one-hospital dream is now a multi-facility organization, effecting the lives of people all over the Mid-South." Registered Nurses, Clinical Pharmacists, Physical Therapists, Patient Care Coordinators & Registered Respiratory Therapists are all on the "Hot Jobs" list here.
- "As the oldest continuously operating business in metropolitan Nashville, Nashville Gas provides natural gas service to 150,000 customers throughout its service area. Nashville Gas is part of Piedmont Natural Gas Company, Inc. which employs over 1,200 people throughout NC, SC, TN. The company offers career opportunities in the fields of Accounting/Finance, Customer Service, Gas Supply, Human Resources & Operations/Engineering just to name a few.
- Open Arms Care Corporation (OAC) is a nonprofit organization that operates 32 Intermediate Care Facility/Mental Retardation (ICF/MR) community homes in Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis, and Nashville along with a day program for our clients in each city. Headquartered in Nashville, OAC offers full-time employees life, health, vision, and dental insurance plans, as well as vacation and sick leave .. just some of the benefits available.
- Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center is located in Nashville, TN. "Not just employees, the staff are all called "STARS", focusing on the qualities embodied by their name: Smiles; Teamwork; Attitude; Reliability; Service with a passion. Every year, the STARS continue to raise the bar on the high level of service and live up to (and exceed) their customer-centric tradition." Gaylord Opryland has hundreds of jobs available for every skill level and interest and is a great place to start a career or continue one.
- Regal Entertainment Group, headquartered in Knoxville, TN, operates the largest and most geographically diverse theatre circuit in the United States, consisting of 6,383 screens in 542 theatres in 40 states as of June, 2006. They currently have job openings for Associate Managers, Temp Pool Associates, Ushers, Concessionists & Box Office personnel in a variety of locations.
- Located in Memphis, TN, "St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a world-renowned institution that requires a superior, diverse and well-trained group of clinicians, researchers, postdoctoral fellows, administrators and information technology specialists. St. Jude has career opportunities for a wide range of positions, to support the institution's biomedical research and clinical activities. In addition, postdoctoral fellowships are available in a variety of specialized programs." "All patients accepted for treatment at St. Jude are treated without regard to the family's ability to pay."
- Saint Thomas Hospital Services (STHS), based in Nashville, TN, is a five-hospital healthcare ministry that includes Saint Thomas and Baptist Hospital in Nashville, Middle Tennessee Medical Center in Murfreesboro and Hickman Community Hospital in Centerville. Whether you prefer working in a large metropolitan facility, a mid-size suburban hospital, or a small, rural community facility, Saint Thomas Health Services will support your career goals.
- Spheris is the leading global outsource provider of medical transcription technology and services. Currently providing outsource services to more than 450 health systems, hospitals and group practices, ranging from innovative clinics to some of the largest and most prestigious medical centers in North America, Spheris employs more than 5,000 medical transcriptionists that support clients through secure networks, using a Web-based system with integrated voice, text and data. Headquartered in Franklin, TN, the organization has provided services since 1993.
- Sword & Shield Enterprise Security, Inc., headquartered in Knoxville, TN, is a network security engineering company excelling in security solutions to meet the most demanding security requirements of IT environments. Network security is our only business and the firm works with customers in the U.S. and abroad, either on-site, over the Internet or by telephone. "Sword & Shield Enterprise Security, Inc. currently has open positions for security engineers, penetration engineers, and federal services sales (see below). Generally, we seek applicants with qualified experience in information security, network security, compliance (e.g. GLB, HIPAA, SOX, PCI), penetration testing, firewall/VPN/IDS/IPS integration, intrusion analysis, and security architectures."
- Tennessee State Bank is a full-service bank, serving Sevier County and its surrounding communities since 1972. Based in Pigeon Forge, TN, they have several full-service offices, loan & mortgage departments and even off-site ATM locations. You must complete an online employment application in order to be considered for any open positions. This bank has a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, but also offers some benefits for part-time employees.
- Tennessee Rand Automation Industrial Group (TRAUTO) specializes in tube bending equipment, robotic arc and resistance welding cells, custom machines, and industrial networking. TRAUTO designs and fabricates tooling for all of their projects and also manufacture toggle clamps, weld monitoring equipment, industrial HMIs, and a collection of miniature electrical equipment. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, they are currently hiring for a broad range of full-time positions.
- Thomas & Betts is headquartered in Memphis, TN, but has manufacturing, distribution and sales locations worldwide. Thomas & Betts is one of the world's largest manufacturers of electrical components and offers one of the broadest product portfolios in the industry. Currently the company has more than 9,000 employees in 25 countries.
- Tractor Supply Co. (TSC) was founded in 1938 as a mail order tractor parts business. Today TSC, headquartered in Brentwood, TN, owns and operates more than 650 stores in over 35 states supplying daily farm and ranch maintenance supplies to a targeted customer base. Career opportunities are always becoming available here and with the appropriate mix of education, skills, experience and enthusiasm, career opportunities await in several fields including store management.
- UnumProvident offers dynamic work environments, a wide range of career options, career advancement opportunities, plus the chance to join the world leader in income protection. Founded over 30 years ago and headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, UnumProvident is the industry leader in disability income protection and one of the top providers of supplemental benefits in the nation.
- Vanguard Health Systems was founded by Charles N. Martin and a group of executives with extensive experience in the healthcare industry in 1997. Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Vanguard seeks to convert non-profit multi-hospital systems to investor-owned entities while preserving and enhancing their ability to fulfill their missions. Check out the multiple field career opportunities here!
- Video Gaming Technologies, Inc. (VGT) based in Smyrna, TN, s one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the exciting industry of gaming. VGT is always looking for talented, responsible individuals who are excited about working in the gaming industry.
- Williamson Medical Center is a 185-bed hospital dedicated to serving the health care needs of the communities surrounding Franklin, TN. Founded in 1957, the Medical Center offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, 24-hour emergency care, preventive health screenings and wellness activities. A variety of career opportunities are currently available here in both professional and non-professional disciplines.