South Dakota’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with South Dakota’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the South Dakotas employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- "Avera, the health ministry of the Benedictine and Presentation Sisters, serves the people of eastern South Dakota and surrounding states with hospitals, nursing homes, clinics and other health services at more than 100 locations." Caregivers are supported by the resources and expertise of the region's largest health system. Management and other support services are provided through the Avera Central Office in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and its four largest hospitals, or regional centers: Avera St. Luke's in Aberdeen, SD; Avera Queen of Peace in Mitchell, SD; Avera McKennan in Sioux Falls, SD; and Avera Sacred Heart in Yankton, SD. "Benedictine Sisters first came to South Dakota from Maryville, Missouri at the invitation of Bishop Martin Marty, OSB to work in the new Dakota Territory and start a new foundation. They homesteaded in Zell, South Dakota, and then took over the bishop’s house and school in Yankton. Their rich health-care tradition began in 1897 when Bishop Thomas O’Gorman asked them to convert their academy and orphanage into Sacred Heart Hospital in response to the need for a clean, quiet place for the sick and injured."
- BankWest - "In 1889, a group of civic-minded entrepreneurs set out to create a new bank in the city of Pierre, which was on the verge of being named the capital of South Dakota." BankWest offers competitive wages, an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work with an outstanding team. Today, BankWest is one of the largest financial institutions in South Dakota with three offices in Pierre along with offices in Mitchell, Rapid City, Kadoka, Vivian, Kennebec, Onida, Selby, Gregory, and Winner. They also have insurance offices in Midland, Murdo and Presho.
- Capital Card Services, Inc. is well equipped with the knowledge, resources and expertise to make your experience in the credit card market a successful one. Located in Sioux Falls, SD, Capital Card Services currently has openings in several disciplines. Capital offers salary commensurate with experience and education, as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) performance incentives and awards, paid time off, health insurance and flexible work schedules.
- DakotaCare, located in Sioux Falls, is South Dakota's largest HMO. If you're interested in working for a leader in managed health care in South Dakota, DAKOTACARE may have a position for you. Resumes must be mailed to the Director of Human Resources in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Dakota Nation Gaming Enterprise - The Sisseton-Wahpeton Sioux Tribe was established by treaty with the United States Government on February 19, 1867. Therefore, their history goes back over 130 years and they have a long and proud tradition. Located in Watertown, SD, they currently operate 1 casino in North Dakota and 2 in South Dakota. All may have current openings.
- Daktronics, a leading designer and manufacturer of scoreboards, offers cost-effective solutions to stylize any scoreboard. Daktronics has installed tens of thousands of scoreboards and display systems in nearly 100 countries since their founding in 1968 and is recognized as a world leader in scoreboards, electronic displays and large screen video systems. Located in Brookings, SD, Daktronics recruits and develops employees who are hardworking, smart and opportunistic to deliver outstanding products and services to their growing markets.
- First Dakota National Bank had it's beginning in 1872 when it became the first fully chartered bank in the Dakota Territory. Located in Yankton, SD, the Bank grew steadily as it served the needs of settlers, the river traffic and the flourishing businesses. Today, First Dakota has grown to a network of 12 full service and 5 loan production offices. To learn more about open employment opportunities here you need to call Human Resources or visit a local branch.
- First National Bank of Sioux Falls began its long-term commitment to the Sioux Falls area in 1885. Today, First National Bank has 18 locations, including 14 in Sioux Falls and offices in Baltic, Brandon, Dell Rapids and Harrisburg. They offer one of the most competitive full-spectrum salary and benefit packages in the Sioux Falls market and currently have several open career opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
- "Founded in 1985 in an Iowa farmhouse, Gateway has grown into one of America's best known brands with millions of satisfied customers. Starting with a $10,000 loan guaranteed by his grandmother, a rented computer and a three-page business plan, Ted Waitt turned Gateway into a revolutionary company whose innovations helped shape the technology industry." Headquartered in Irvine, CA, the company also has a facility in East Sioux Falls, SD.
- "Great Western Bank opened its doors in 1935...right in the middle of the Great Depression." Great Western has branches located throughout the state of South Dakota. They offer salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan, long term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, sick leave benefits, vacation pay and paid holidays.
- Home Federal Bank was originally chartered on March 20, 1929 as Home Federal Savings Association. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, Home Federal operates 34 banking centers in 21 communities throughout southeast South Dakota and southwest Minnesota. The company is the largest publicly traded financial institution based in South Dakota that seeks talented, dedicated individuals in a number of areas including business banking, mortgage lending, consumer lending, financial management and customer service.
- HSBC - North America is one of the top 10 financial services companies in the United States with assets approaching $300 billion. Headquartered in Illinois, the company has offices and locations throughout the U.S. including Sioux Falls & Rapid City, SD. HSBC offers outstanding benefits and competitive compensation to employees.
- John Morrell was founded in England in 1827, and is considered to be the oldest continuously operating meat manufacturer in the U.S. John Morrell's largest facility, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, produces fresh pork as well as a full line of processed meats. The company encourages a feeling of mutual respect, understanding, and teamwork among employees and it strives to maintain working conditions which will make their office and plants as clean, healthful, and safe as possible.
- Midcom, Inc., designs and manufactures analog, digital, and switchmode power transformers for the telecommunications industry. Headquartered in Watertown, SD, the company also has manufacturing facilities in Longgang, Shenzhen, PRC with an office in Hong Kong. Midcom hires bright, energetic, and aggressive individuals who want to make a difference, and provides them with competitive wages, good benefits, opportunities for training and education, and a clean work environment.
- NorthWestern Energy, headquartered in Sioux Falls, SD, was founded in 1923 as NorthWestern Public Service, the incorporation of the company brought together two utility properties in Nebraska and two in South Dakota. NorthWestern Energy offers competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package to meet the needs of their employees.
- O'Connor Group, headquartered in Sioux Falls, SD, provides integrated heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems that serve commercial, institutional and residential building markets. They also have facilities in Rapid City, SD and in Fargo, ND. This company currently has several available career opportunities available.
- Rapid City Regional Hospital, located in Rapid City, SD, has many open career opportunities available in both professional and non-professional disciplines. They offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
- "Sioux Empire Credit Union was chartered on August 25, 1938 originally to offer not-for-profit financial services to the employees of the City of Sioux Falls. Over the years Sioux Empire Federal Credit Union's field of membership has grown to encompass anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Minnehaha or Lincoln County. Today Sioux Empire Federal Credit Union is a full service Credit Union with over 40 million in assets and 6600+ members." They always accepts applications even if there is currently nothing available.
- Sioux Valley Hospitals, located in Sioux Falls, SD, is an integrated network of over 330 physicians and more than 150 healthcare facilities, working together to provide the best local healthcare for this region. Opportunities at Sioux Valley are endless and job satisfaction isn’t the only benefit waiting for you. Check out the open career opportunities available here!
- Tyson Foods, Inc., founded in 1935 with headquarters in Springdale, AR, is the world's largest processor and marketer of chicken, beef, and pork, the second-largest food company in the Fortune 500 and a member of the S&P 500. "The company has approximately 114,000 Team Members employed at more than 300 facilities and offices in the United States and around the world." The facility in Dakota Dunes, SD holds the fresh meat headquarters & an international sales office, while the offices in Milbank, SD contain information systems administration.
- Wellmark Bluecross BlueShield offers a full range of health insurance and related products and services to more than 293,000 members in South Dakota. Their South Dakota headquarters is located in Sioux Falls, but they also have office locations in Rapid City & Pierre. Wellmark offers competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package.
- Wild Water West Water Park, located in Sioux Falls, SD, offers primarily seasonal employment. Their requirements and expectations include being available for any shift and you must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Check out the full list and if you meet the requirements, fill out an online application.