Rhode Island’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with Rhode Island’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the Rhode Islands employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- Advertising Ventures, Inc. has been recognized as one of the nation's fastest growing full-service advertising, branding, interactive, and public relations agencies. Located in Providence, RI, Advertising Ventures is constantly seeking to meet energetic and talented individuals for the following responsibilities: Design, Pre-production and production expertise, Media Relations, Copywriting and Project Management & Client Relations.
- American Power Conversion , incorporated in March 1981, was founded by three electronic power engineers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Throughout the world, the APC brand has become synonymous with quality power back-up and management solutions and today, the company is a leader in its industry, employing over 5,000 people worldwide. APC corporate headquarters are located in West Kingston, RI and they offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- Founded in 1907, Amica Mutual Insurance is the oldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the United States, and the company now has more than 3,000 employees in branch offices across the country. Headquartered in Providence, RI, Amica currently has career openings in various fields and offers an excellent employee benefits package.
- BankNewport, founded in 1819, is an FDIC-insured savings bank located in Newport, RI. BankNewport currently has a variety of positions open in branches throughout Rhode Island. They currently have 9 branches to serve the financial needs of customers from banking offices located throughout southeastern New England.
- Bank RI is committed to serving the community with superior service, while offering our employees competitive salaries and benefits packages. Located in Providence, RI, Bank RI has 16 branches and their service oriented approach and sophisticated product mix has allowed it to attract a growing number of personal and business customers.
- Batchelor Frechette McCrory Michael & Co. (BFMM) is headquartered in the heart of Providence, RI. BFMM is a member of the RSM McGladrey Network, the world’s sixth largest affiliation of full-service tax, audit and consulting firms, and thus they have access to resources that literally span the globe. The firm is currently looking for CPA's and CPA candidates to join their team.
- "The Big Picture Company was founded by educators Dennis Littky and Elliot Washor, both formerly of the renowned Thayer High School in New Hampshire and the Annenberg Institute for School Reform at Brown University. In 1995, they began collaborating with Rhode Island policymakers to design a student-centered high school, and created The Big Picture Company as the launching pad for what has now become a national education reform movement."
- BlueCross & BlueShield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) is among only six companies statewide to be named as one of Rhode Island's Best Places to Work. For more than 65 years, BCBSRI has provided comprehensive healthcare coverage to people across Rhode Island and around the country. Headquartered in Providence, RI, the firm is one of the state's largest employers.
- Brennan Oil & Heating Co., Inc. is a full-service oil and heating company offering fuel oil delivery, heating system service, installation and 24-hour customer care since 1966. Brennan has two locations in Providence, RI and offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and also provides apprenticeships in the trades of Pipefitter and HVAC/Refrigeration with the goal of training to become employees. Apprentices receive all employee benefits.
- Carousel Industries is a communication systems integrator and reseller that specializes in the design, implementation, and support of strategic, integrated communication solutions. The company is privately held and headquartered in Peace Dale, Rhode Island. With 8 different locations in RI, CT, MA, NH, ME, NY, MS, & FL, Carousel Industries offers a full benefits package including medical & dental, 401K, life insurance, vacation, profit sharing & more!
- Citizens Bank - "In 1828, Citizens Financial Group got its start as a small community bank called the High Street Bank in Providence, Rhode Island." Today, Citizens Financial Group is the 8th largest commercial bank holding company in the United States. Owned by RBS, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, they now have branches in 13 states and corporate offices are located in Providence, RI.
- CVS Pharmacy - The first CVS store was opened in Lowell, MA in 1963, with name standing for Consumer Value Stores. Today, there are about 6,200 stores in 43 states, 14 distribution centers, regional business offices, and their Store Support Center in Woonsocket, R.I. CVS is seeking qualified employees with different opinions, perspectives and backgrounds to join their extensive network of stores and distribution centers in the many states where they have operations, as well as in their corporate store support center.
- "Located in Warwick, RI, DiSanto Priest & Co.is a full service professional advisory firm." The firm is dedicated to providing the most innovative financial solutions to our clients without compromising sound professional, business, or personal ethics. The firm offers competitive compensation and benefits and, due to their broad range of services and clients, DiSanto, Priest & Co. is a great environment for personal growth and professional advancement.
- EFD Inc. has designed and manufactured precision dispensing devices for applying controlled amounts of the adhesives, sealants, lubricants and other assembly fluids used in almost every manufacturing process throughout the world since 1963. Now a subsidiary of Nordson Corporation, EFD is located in East Providence, RI.
- FM Global creates comprehensive, global commercial and industrial property insurance and engineering-driven risk management solutions. The company has more than 50 office locations worldwide, over 4,700 employees and approximately 1,500 engineers and their corporate headquarters is located in Johnston, RI. FM Global provides employees with competitive compensation and benefits as well as professional development and advancement opportunities.
- GTECH is a leading gaming technology and services company, providing innovative technology, creative content, and superior service delivery. "Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island (USA), GTECH maintains Technology Centers in Chennai, India; Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada; Austin, Texas; West Greenwich, Rhode Island; and Warsaw, Poland." GTECH looks for bright and enthusiastic professionals who can turn tough challenges into real solutions.
- Hasbro is a global leader in children’s and family leisure time entertainment products, with brands and products, such as Monopoly, Scrabble, G.I.Joe and Play-Doh, among others. "Hasbro was founded in 1923 by two brothers, Henry and Helal Hassenfeld, in a small office in Providence, Rhode Island. Originally named Hassenfeld Brothers, the Company first sold textile remnants, but soon moved into manufacturing pencil boxes and school supplies." From that beginning, Henry Hassenfeld's son, Merrill, became president of Hassenfeld Brothers and the Company expanded its product line to include paint sets, wax crayons, and its first toys, doctor and nurse kits in the 1940s.
- Landmark Medical Center is a non-profit, full-service healthcare network, whose main facility is a 214-bed, acute care hospital located in Woonsocket, RI. Landmark provides emergency, diagnostic, medical, surgical, psychiatric, cancer, cardiac and obstetric care. They currently have several open career opportunities in both professional and non-professional disciplines.
- LighthouseMD provides practice management software, clinical workflow applications and outsourced revenue cycle management services to physician practices to strengthen and streamline billing, accounts receivable management and clinical documentation. Established in 1993 and located in Providence, RI, today the firm processes nearly 4 million claims yearly.
- "In the 100 years since the Pawtucket Business Men's Association voted to charter what they dubbed "The Pawtucket General Hospital," Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island has never lost sight of its original dedication to service and the promotion of good health." Located in Pawtucket, RI, Memorial Hospital offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits and encourages employees to take advantage of career growth plans.
- Mereco Technologies Group Companies is a world renowned leader in specialty chemicals and the custom formulation of epoxies, urethanes, silicones, photovoltaic pastes and UV curing resins. Founded in 1960 and headquartered in West Warwick, RI, the company offers a stable work environment with market driven compensation packages that include a bonus program, profit sharing, and 401(K) plans.
- New England Gas Company, headquartered in Fall River, Massachusetts, serves over 50,000 residential and commercial customers in Massachusetts. The company has an excellent wage and benefit package.
- NewportFed has been meeting the savings and borrowing needs of Newport, RI since their founding in 1888. They currently have 5 full-service branches providing mortgages, equity loans, lines of credit, and auto loans.
- Rhode Island Convention Center is committed to attracting & retaining talented and enthusiastic individuals. "Located in the heart of downtown Providence, the Rhode Island Convention Center was opened in December 1993. The center is a beautiful glass structure that offers space from 304 to 137,000 square feet to accommodate 10 to 9,000 people." "The RICC offers a fast-paced dynamic environment and competitive compensation and benefits."
- "Rhode Island Medical Imaging (RIMI) is a leading provider of outpatient imaging services within the state of Rhode Island. RIMI offers excellent salary and benefit packages, including paid vacation and sick time, medical coverage, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(K) and profit sharing." Established in 1943, Rhode Island Medical Imaging maintains the highest standards of practice in medical diagnostic imaging.
- RISSCO Fabrication, Inc. is a leading solid surface fabricator offering a cutting edge service. RISSCO is located in Warren, RI.
- Located in the midst of one of Providence's oldest neighborhoods, Roger Williams Medical Center is a community-owned and governed health care organization that provides some of the most advanced specialty care available today. Founded in 1878 and located in Providence, RI, Roger Williams Medical Center offers competitive hourly wage, salary and benefit packages commensurate with skill level.
- Textron is a dynamic global corporation that employs more than 37,000 people and serves the aviation, defense, industrial, and financial industries. Founded in 1923, with world headquarters in Providence, RI, Textron's employment base is spread over 33 countries. The company started as a small textile company when 22-year-old Royal Little founded the Special Yarns Corporation in Boston, Massachusetts.
- YMCA of Greater Providence is always on the look out for good, responsible, motivated staff members. "The YMCA of Greater Providence is a membership association of men, women and children established to meet the health and social service needs of families in Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts. Ten branches serving 22 communities provide resources for people of all faiths, races, abilities, ages and incomes. Diverse programs focus on youth, fitness and recreation and serve every population."