Nebraska’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with Nebraska’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the Nebraskas employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- Alegent Healthcare People who work there say that the incentive and retention programs designed to expand their career options and enhance overall job satisfaction are outstanding. Alegent Health includes nine acute care hospitals, more than 100 sites of service, over 1,200 physicians on its medical staff and roughly 8,400 employees throughout Nebraska and Iowa.
- All Native Systems (ANS) was incorporated in 1999 and is headquartered in Winnebago, NE. ANS is a trusted provider of Managed Information Technology Services, Professional Services, and complete voice and data communication solutions. Your resume can be submitted online for any current opening.
- Bass & Associates, Inc. is a service company delivering business solutions via information technology. Founded in 1993, Bass serves both local and national clients from their headquarters in Omaha, NE. The company understands the obligation to provide challenging assignments and career growth opportunities.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska names and symbols represent the nation's largest and most experienced health care system. Nearly 550,000 people carry a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska I.D. card. Incorporated in 1939, BCBSNE has offices in Omaha, Lincoln, and Grand Island, NE.
- Bryan LGH Medical Center is spread across two distinct sites in Lincoln, NE. The facility has over 25 years of experience treating heart disease and has been named one of the top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the country. Bryan LGH provides employees with an outstanding, family-focused benefits package.
- C & A Industries, Inc. is a large, rapidly growing company with multiple specialized divisions. They are privately held, which offers employees stability and a culture that rewards performance and encourages personal and professional development. Founded over 35 years ago, C & A is headquartered in Omaha, NE.
- Cabela's is the largest mail-order, retail and Internet outdoor outfitter in the world. Founded in 1961 by Dick Cabela, the company has had unending progress and growth since. Cabela's world headquarters are located in Sidney, NE, with retail stores that offer a unique shopping experience located throughout the U.S. You can apply for more than one position at a time here.
- ConAgra Foods provides popular consumer food brands such as Healthy Choice, Chef Boyardee & Redenbacher's among others from their Consumer Foods division. With Commercial Products and an International presence, ConAgra traces its roots back to 1861 when Van Camp's Pork & Beans was a staple that helped sustain Union troops in the field during the Civil War. The company is based in Omaha, NE, with locations and facilities throughout the world.
- Cornhusker Bank is a full-service community bank that was founded as Farmers State Bank in 1903 in Davey, NE. Today they are located in Lincoln, NE where they have 5 locations and numerous ATM locations throughout the city. If you have have high personal integrity and a willingness to learn, apply at Cornhusker Bank today for not only a great career move, but for a great experience!
- FirstComp has created an organic and dynamic culture that encourages learning, loyalty, and passion and they offer a variety of career options and a supportive environment where you can achieve your career aspirations. The company, located in Omaha, NE, provides workers’ compensation insurance for small- and medium-sized “main-street” businesses through local insurance agents nationwide.
- First Data Resources Inc. is looking for smart, dynamic professionals to join their world class team. First Data supplies services to the financial industry by processing of credit card, atm and POS transactions quickly and securely. Incorporated in June of 1971, the company has international presence with headquarters in Omaha, NE.
- First National Bank was founded in 1863, and is the 32nd oldest nationally chartered bank in existence. They are the largest, locally-owned and operated bank in Nebraska and are located in Omaha. "First National Bank is an active creator and marketer of banking services-both traditional and non-traditional-reaching out with industry-leading technology in merchant processing and integrated data processing."
- HCI Construction has the resources of a large company, yet maintains one-to-one, personal contact with its employees, while offering its employees opportunities for growth, financial reward, challenge, and flexibility. The company is located in South Sioux City, NE.
- Henry Doorly Zoo of Omaha uses an off-site career link for their job listings. The zoo has many innovative facilities and exhibits to not only preserve a broad array of species, but also vividly present them to the public and it is a leader in animal conservation and research.
- HKS Medical Informations Systems was founded in 1993 and is located in Omaha, NE. The company works to develop state-of-the-art software products that improve the quality of patient care and provide operational efficiencies for the healthcare industry.
- HoChunk, Inc. has many opportunities available and applications should be submitted directly to Human Resources on Mission Drive in Winnebago, NE. HoChuck, Inc. was formed by the Winnebago Tribe to diversify the Tribe's investments away from gaming. Overall, they maintain Tribally owned business entities and other passive investments, while creating employment for Native Americans.
- InfoUSA collects, updates and sells information on businesses and consumers. The company, headquartered in Omaha, NE, has offices across the US and internationally. If you think fast, think flexible and think forward, then there are priceless career opportunities waiting for you at InfoUSA.
- Lincoln Surgical Hospital is an innovative healthcare leader in providing high quality, cost effective surgical services. Located in a 25,000 square foot facility in Lincoln, NE, this hospital is committed to meeting the changing needs of the healthcare environment.
- "The hospitals of Methodist Health System -- Jennie Edmundson Hospital and Methodist Hospital -- began shaping the Omaha/Council Bluffs community more than 120 years ago. As the oldest, not-for-profit health care system in the area, they are committed to caring for people. There are currently both professional and non-professional career opportunities available here.
- "At Mutual of Omaha you'll find career opportunities that offer challenges, rewards, fulfillment and room to grow." The company was chartered on March 5, 1909 in Omaha, NE. Mutual of Omaha serves individuals, families and small businesses with life and health insurance, financial services and investment options.
- National Research Corporation (NCR) was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Lincoln, NE. NRC has maintained a strong commitment to improving the quality of healthcare received by patients and consumers through a focus on continual improvement in patient experience and performance measurement within the healthcare industry. There are currently several open career opportunities in the Lincoln, NE area.
- Nebraska Public Power District is Nebraska's largest electric utility, with a chartered territory including all or parts of 91 of Nebraska's 93 counties. NPPD is headquartered in Norfolk, NE and has customer service centers located throughout the state. There are several current career opportunities open in various fields.
- Omaha Public Power District is an electric utility serving the needs of approximately 310,000 people in the Omaha, NE area. OPPD offers competitive compensation, plus opportunities for upward mobility, as well as a congenial, relaxed - but professional - work environment.
- Oriental Trading Company is a privately held company headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. In business since 1932, OTC has experienced 30+ years of consecutive growth. They are a strong, growing and entrepreneurial company with fun products and a staunch commitment to excellent customer service. OTC offers more than 20,000 products to meet the needs of businesses, not-for-profit organizations, individuals, schools, churches and teachers.
- Kiewit Corporation has career opportunities in a broad range of construction, engineering and business-related occupations. Kiewit Corporation traces its history to 1884, when Peter and Andrew Kiewit formed Kiewit Brothers, an Omaha masonry contracting partnership. "Named by Fortune as one of America’s most admired companies, Kiewit is consistently ranked among the top 10 contractors by Engineering News Record, with 2005 revenues of $4.15 billion." They’re currently looking for individuals with integrity and passion to join their team.
- "Prairie Systems Technology deals in a fast paced, technologically changing environment that requires the employment of highly-skilled, dedicated individuals to enable the company to stay at the forefront of our industry." The company has a casual dress environment, and offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package, including a 401(k) plan.
- "RTG Medical began operations in 2000. The company originally focused on recruiting and placing traveling Allied Health professionals in the Radiology field. Today the company recruits and places professionals in Radiology, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy and Nursing just to name a few. The company is headquartered in Fremont, Nebraska."
- Union Bank & Trust formerly known as Farmers State Bank, was chartered in 1917 in Lincoln, NE. Today they have locations throughout Nebraska and over 700 employees. They offer various employment opportunities in all areas of the banking industry and are currently looking for individuals who are interested in gaining experience in an exciting and growth oriented environment.
- Union Pacific Rail Road traces its roots back to 1848 when the first ten miles of the Galena and Chicago Union Railroad were completed. It is the largest railroad in North America, covering 23 states across two-thirds of the United States and is headquartered in Omaha, NE. Although Union Pacific Railroad's primary role is transporting freight, it also runs a substantial commuter train operation in Chicago. The company offers a competitive benefits and compensation package and an ongoing commitment to the 50,000 men and women employed by Union Pacific.
- Werner Enterprises is one of the top five truckload carriers, with more than 11,000 drivers, 2,000 office support employees, and over 900 fleet maintenance employees nationwide. Werner maintains its headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska, near the center of its service area with service terminals throughout the country.
- West Corporation is a leading provider of outsourced communications solutions, ... much more than telemarketing! Employing more than 28,000 throughout North America, Europe and Asia, West offers endless career opportunities. Headquartered in Omaha, NE, West was founded in 1986 as an inbound telemarketing service bureau.