District of Columbia’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with District of Columbia’s largest and best private employers. Below you will find direct links to the District of Columbias employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- The focus of The Advisory Board Company is "best practices" research and analysis for the healthcare industry. They provide multiple learning; training and growth opportunities tailored to employees with diverse professional and career goals.
- Akridge is recognized as a superior, full-service real estate firm in the mid-Atlantic region. Akridge devotes careful attention to hiring, training and retaining the highest quality people in the industry.
- American Enterprise Institute (AEI) for Public Policy Research is a private, nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution dedicated to research and education on issues of government, politics, economics, and social welfare. Employment opportunities consist of research and staff assistant positions in three program areas. In addition, staff vacancies also occur in our development, seminars and conferences, publications marketing, accounting, public relations, and publications departments.
- American Physical Therapy Association serves the Physical Therapy profession including a country wide advanced job search feature.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association represents and serves speech, language and hearing specialists. "The mission of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association is to promote the interests of and provide the highest quality services for professionals in audiology, speech-language pathology, and speech and hearing science, and to advocate for people with communication disabilities."
- APCO Worldwide is a public affairs communications firm. "APCO is committed to continuous learning and has high performance expectations for employees. In addition, we look to develop staff from within the organization by providing sufficient resources, rewards and encouragement to foster growth and learning."
- Axiom Resource Management is a professional consulting firm providing program management, operational support, accessibility, management training, and IT solutions. "Axiom has career opportunities for entry-level talent to the seasoned experts." They recruit the best, and offers the best to its employees.
- Booz Allen Hamilton is a global strategy and technology consulting firm, works with clients to deliver results that endure. For 2006, Booz Allen Hamilton was ranked #1 for Employee-Sponsored Workforce Training and Development by Training Magazine and is also listed in "The 100 Best Companies to Work For" by Fortune magazine.
- The Calvert Group offers socially and environmentally responsible mutual funds. "Calvert's diverse workforce is composed of individuals who bring innovation, excellence, and strength of character to their endeavors."
- CapitalSource Finance provides financing to small and mid-sized businesses. They are always seeking talented individuals interested in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Carfax provides vehicle history information on used cars. They have been voted one of the Top 50 Great Places to Work by the Washingtonian Magazine for the last four years.
- Choice Hotels International has received two major awards, the Maryland Workplace Excellence Award and The Washingtonian "Great Places to Work" award, in recognition of our efforts to provide balance for our employees.
- Datatel provides management technology to colleges. Datatel enjoys an extremely low turnover rate, with outstanding career opportunities and a great employee benefits program.
- "FGM, Inc. is an information technology company delivering sophisticated, customized solutions that improve business efficiency across the enterprise." FGM employees gain stake in the company's success through FGM's Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Great American Restaurants operates nine successful restaurants and one bakery. They offer a fostering work environment and great money and seek to hire the most qualified people available.
- Hitt Contracting was founded in 1937 as a family business .. it has grown to be one of the Top 100 General Contractors Worldwide. HITT provides opportunities to hard-working, detail-oriented, individuals interested in careers in the construction industry.
- Integrity Applications provides systems engineering and software development for space, intelligence, security, and defense programs. IAI has been selected by Washingtonian magazine as one of the "Great Places to Work" in the Washington, D.C., area.
- Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is a not-for-profit center for engineering, research and development. "APL offers a rich environment that contributes to the development of a satisfying career."
- LMI Government Consulting provides and maintains a working environment where their most prized resource, their staff, can flourish, producing breakthrough thinking and revolutionary advances.
- Mitre Corporation is a nonprofit systems-engineering firm that helps solve technical problems for the federal government. MITRE provides flexibility in the workplace by offering benefit programs like the Flexible Work Arrangement Program and Paid Time Off Bank.
- Mitretek Systems, a nonprofit scientific research and engineering corporation, was formed to provide a public benefit through the application of science and technology. Their employees are problem solvers who are willing and able to see tomorrow’s creative application and utility.
- "Sallie Mae®, the nation's leading provider of education fundingSM, has helped millions of Americans achieve their dream of a higher education." They offer an entrepreneurial environment, rich with opportunity and reward.
- SRA International provides technical and strategic consulting services and solutions to government. "At SRA, your ideas are valued, your talents are cherished, and your personal and professional developments are nurtured in a very comfortable environment."
- Sunrise Senior Living provides senior living services to more than 53,000 residents. They offer a unique, challenging and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- Terrapin Systems is a recognized information technology and internet business solutions leader in the Washington, D.C. metro area. TerpSys isn't an average workplace, it is a great place to work.
- UCG provides news, data and software solutions to the world. Washingtonian voted CG as one of the Best Places to Work .. See why here!