Goal setting is a skill. The most successful people in the world realize the importance of being goal-oriented. They have a clear vision of the future and they are committed to achieving their goals in all aspects of their lives.
Setting quality goals require:
2. Basing them on your priorities
3. Being positive
4. Being specific and clear
5. A clear picture (being able to visualize results)
6. Personal accountability
7. Keeping them personal and to yourself
8. Being realistic
You can set goals in all areas of your life:
*Job or Occupation
Attaining your Goal
1. Set a goal
2. Design an affirmation to address your solutions to bring about the desired achievement. 3. List incentives that would help you be motivated toward attainment of the goal.
4. List all the barriers that would prevent you from achieving your goal.
5. List all the solution on how you would overcome these barriers.
Once our goals are clearly defined, the brain uses what is known as the reticular activating system (a group of cells that function as a screening system, which increase our ability to solve problems) to work on the solution.
A goal not written down is simply a wish.
[ Back | Forward | Table of Contents ]
Back to JobBank USA Home Page
"Copyright © Building Blocks Unlimited, All Rights Reserved.
Warning: This work is subject to the Copyright Act of the United States and is the property of Building Blocks Unlimited. Any downloading, printing, transmitting, copying, alteration or modification of any part of this work without the express prior consent of the author, is strictly prohibited and is a violation of law".