Research Sources of Additional Information: Physicians & Surgeons
For a list of medical schools and residency programs, as well as general information on premedical education, financial aid, and medicine as a career, contact:
- Association of American Medical Colleges, Section for Student Services, 2450 N St. NW., Washington, DC 20037-1126. Internet: http://www.aamc.org
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine, 5550 Friendship Blvd., Suite 310, Chevy Chase, MD 20815-7231. Internet: http://www.aacom.org
For general information on physicians, contact:
For information about various medical specialties, contact:
- American Board of Medical Specialties, 1007 Church St., Suite 404, Evanston, IL 60201-5913. Internet: http://www.abms.org
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, 520 N. Northwest Hwy., Park Ridge, IL 60068-2573. Internet: http://www.asahq.org
- American Academy of Family Physicians, Resident Student Activities Department, 11400 Tomahawk Creek Pkwy., Leawood, KS 66211-2672. Internet: http://fmignet.aafp.org
- American College of Physicians, 190 North Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Internet: http://www.acponline.org
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 409 12th St. SW., P.O. Box 96920, Washington, DC 20090-6920. Internet: http://www.acog.org
- American Academy of Pediatrics, 141 Northwest Point Blvd., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007-1098. Internet: http://www.aap.org
- American Psychiatric Association, 1000 Wilson Blvd., Suite 1825, Arlington, VA 22209-3901. Internet: http://www.psych.org
- American College of Surgeons, Division of Education, 633 North Saint Clair St., Chicago, IL 60611-3211. Internet: http://www.facs.org
Information on Federal scholarships and loans is available from the directors of student financial aid at schools of medicine.
Information on licensing is available from State boards of examiners.