Research Sources of Additional Information: Medical, Dental, and Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
For information on careers in orthotics and prosthetics, contact:
- American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists, 526 King St., Suite 201, Alexandria, VA 22314. Internet: http://www.opcareers.org
For a list of accredited programs for orthotic and prosthetic technicians, contact:
- National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education, 330 John Carlyle St., Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314. Internet: http://www.ncope.org
For a list of accredited programs in dental laboratory technology, contact:
- Commission on Dental Accreditation, American Dental Association, 211 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611. Internet: http://www.ada.org
For information on requirements for certification of dental laboratory technicians, contact:
- National Board for Certification in Dental Technology, 325 John Knox Rd., L103, Tallahassee, FL 32303. Internet: http://www.nbccert.org
For information on career opportunities in commercial dental laboratories, contact:
- National Association of Dental Laboratories, 325 John Knox Rd., L103, Tallahassee, FL 32303. Internet: http://www.nadl.org
For information on an accredited program in ophthalmic laboratory technology, contact:
- Commission on Opticianry Accreditation, 8665 Sudley Rd., #341, Manassas VA 20110.
General information on grants and scholarships is available from individual schools. State employment service offices can provide information about job openings for medical, dental, and ophthalmic laboratory technicians.