Research Sources of Additional Information: Cement Masons, Concrete Finishers, Segmental Pavers, and Terrazzo Workers
For information about apprenticeships and work opportunities, contact local concrete or terrazzo contractors, locals of unions previously mentioned, a local joint union-management apprenticeship
committee, or the nearest office of the State employment service or apprenticeship agency.
For general information about cement masons, concrete finishers, segmental pavers, and terrazzo workers, contact:
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Workforce Development Department, 4250 North Fairfax Dr., 9th Floor, Arlington, VA 22203.
- Associated General Contractors of America, Inc., 333 John Carlyle St., Alexandria, VA 22314.
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers,
International Masonry Institute, The James Brice House, 42 East St.,
Annapolis, MD 21401.
- Operative Plasterersí and Cement Masonsí International
Association of the United States and Canada, 14405 Laurel Place, Suite
300, Laurel, MD 20707.
- National Terrazzo and Mosaic Association, 110 E. Market St., Suite 200 A, Leesburg, VA 20176.
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, 50 F St. NW., Washington, DC 20001.
For general information about cement masons and concrete finishers, contact:
- National Concrete Masonry Association, 13750 Sunrise Valley Dr., Herndon, VA 20171-3499.
There are more than 500 occupations registered by the U.S. Department of Labor's National Apprenticeship system. For more information on the Labor Department's registered apprenticeship system and links to State apprenticeship programs, check their website: http://www.doleta.gov