Research Sources of Additional Information: Accountants and Auditors
Information on accredited accounting programs can be obtained from:
Information about careers in certified public accounting and CPA standards and examinations may be obtained from:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036.
Information on CPA licensure requirements by State may be obtained from:
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy, 150 Fourth Ave. North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417.
Information on careers in management accounting and the CMA designation may be obtained from:
- Institute of Management Accountants, 10 Paragon Dr., Montvale, NJ 07645-1760.
Information on the Accredited in Accountancy, Accredited Business
Accountant, Accredited Tax Advisor, or Accredited Tax Preparer
designations may be obtained from:
Information on careers in internal auditing and the CIA designation may be obtained from:
- The Institute of Internal Auditors, 247 Maitland Ave., Altamonte Springs, FL 32701-4201.
Information on careers in information systems auditing and the CISA designation may be obtained from:
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association, 3701 Algonquin Rd., Suite 1010, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008.
Information on careers in government accounting and the CGFM designation may be obtained from:
- Association of Government Accountants, 2208 Mount Vernon Ave., Alexandria, VA 22301.
Information on obtaining an accounting or auditing position with the
Federal Government is available from the U.S. Office of Personnel
Management (OPM) through a telephone-based system. Consult your
telephone directory under U.S. Government for a local number or call
(703) 724-1850; Federal Relay Service: (800) 877-8339. The first number
is not tollfree, and charges may result. Information also is available
from the OPM Internet site: http://www.usajobs.opm.gov.