The employment application is a screening device for the employer. It:
1. Tells about who you are, what you have done and learned.
2. Tells how careful and neat your work will be, whether you will follow instructions and whether you can read and write.
3. Gives the employer clues about possible risks in hiring you.
4. May reveal trouble spots in your background, like getting fired or having a criminal conviction.
5. Is often the first thing about you that the employer sees. If it makes you look good, the employer will want to see you in person.
6. May open up jobs in the future for you, even if you're not hired immediately.
[ Back | Forward | Table of Contents ]
Back to JobBank USA Home Page
"Copyright © Building Blocks Unlimited, All Rights Reserved.
Warning: This work is subject to the Copyright Act of the United States and is the property of Building Blocks Unlimited. Any downloading, printing, transmitting, copying, alteration or modification of any part of this work without the express prior consent of the author, is strictly prohibited and is a violation of law".