My name is Brandon Cotter. My co-founder (Chris Mancini) and I both came out of broadcast.com/Yahoo! and are building a new search company called Viewzi.
Viewzi is a new way to search that is more visual, more rich, and more fun. It provides the user with a bunch of interesting ways to look at results vs just one big text list.
We are in the process of building a team of smart people to build it.
We are looking for a self-motivated, deadline driven PHP Developer with strong Linux Admin experience to help design and deploy a scalable, reliable system capable of supporting millions of page views a day. If you are the kind of guy (or girl) that does the work of 1.5 people at your current job, we want you.
Current location is downtown Dallas, TX -- but the office may move within 6 months to North Dallas/Plano. Some work at home is possible. Work schedule is flexible (40+ hours, but you decide the start/stop times).
What you will be doing:
* Developing new features and maintaining existing code using PHP5
* Writing unit tests and test plans
* Using Subversion to coordinate code changes with other developers
* Linux System Administration (Red Hat)
* Designing and tuning MySQL tables and queries
* Configuring and testing new Servers
* Setting up a high availability, load-balanced web cluster
* Improving performance through use of memcache or similar object caching systems
* Help with performance and capacity planning
Other Important items:
- ONLY candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.**
- Viewzi is an equal opportunity employer who encourages a highly diverse workforce and culture.
- Strong Health-care plan is provided after a 60-day trial period.
- Contract-to-hire is preferred but not required.
Click Here to Apply