Jobs, career information, and employment services for job candidates, employees, employers and recruiters.
- Work at Home Jobs, Work from Home Jobs
Opportunity Number: 16299358 .
Company Name: CDI .
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY US .
Category: Information Technology .
Updated: 4/13/2008 .
CDI is recruiting for 2 candidates who will support all SAN/Disk needs for one of their clients, a new commercial account.
This person will play a key role in the implementation and management of Storage Servers.
Responsibilities for the account & multiple other accounts working from a pooled resource support structure.
You will not be dedicated to a single account.
This will include Storage, allocation, availability, integrity, manipulation, disk placement for best performance and redundancy, Fabric zoning and design for redundancy, Problem Determination, and RAID Protection of Disk Storage.
Needs to understand end to end solutions.
Uses both McData and Brocade user interfaces to support Fabric Solutions.
Define connectivity and zoning best practices.
Experience implementing storage Open systems, disk/SAN, virtualization, and data migration technologies.
Management technical leadership, project planning, and communication skills are paramount.
On-call rotation is required for multiple accounts.
Must work well in a team environment.
Work from home is acceptable with no geographic preference.
There is a NEW administrative role as well that is required of all technical candidates.
Administrative tasks below could take up to 25% of your workload on any given day:
1. Monitors the central request mail ID for all service requests.
2. Ensures that all requirements are gathered, all approvals are met and storage admin is assigned.
3. Communicates status to the requestor when work is received.
4. Communicates high priorities to the team.
5. Takes role call and captures the meeting minutes.
6. Walks through on-going storage team action items, establishing targets, making updates to the document in the ISMS Team Room.
7. Transfers new action items from meeting minutes to the on-going action items.
8. Walks through the Service Request Documentation during the daily team planning session.
9. Assigns new service requests.
10. maintain & update all service requests as service request focal.
PRIMARY Daily tasks include:
Support of DMX 3, DMX1000S, EMC Celerra NS-80G
(NAS storage), Cisco MDS9513, ECC, Symcli, Knowledge of SRDF and Timefinder an added plus.
SECONDARY Daily Tasks include:
Provision DS8000 Storage (Inclusive of creating, deleting, and assigning/unassigning LUNs/RAID arrays).
Provision SAN Volume Controller Storage (SVC) Storage, (Inclusive of creating, deleting, and assigning/unassigning LUNs/RAID arrays, Mdisks, and MDisk groups).
Provision DS4000 series (DS4100, and DS4500) Storage (Inclusive of creating, deleting, and assigning/unassigning LUNs/RAID arrays).
Create RAID design solutions for current storage technologies.
Develop, create and implement migration strategies and solutions for data redundancy between the DS4500 and DS8300 using SVC virtualization.
Problem determination/resolution on storage technology issues as they arise.
ON-Call Rotation required and Brocade/McData Fabric technologies and zoning skills a plus.
PRIMARY Hardware & skills:
DMX 3, DMX1000S, EMC Celerra NS-80G (NAS storage), Cisco MDS9513, ECC, Symcli, Knowledge of SRDF and Timefinder an added plus.
SECONDARY Skills Needed:
HP & SUN SAN Disk HW & associated technologies. ALSO Hardware - DS8300s, Sharks, DS4000s, SVC, Brocade SAN switches, Brocade SAN routers, Brocade SAN modules, McData SAN switches, Cisco SAN switches Software - DS8000 Storage Manager, Shark Specialist, Brocade Fabric Manager, McData EFCM, Cisco Fabric Manager.