Jobs, career information, and employment services for job candidates, employees, employers and recruiters.
Physical Therapy Assistant
- Work at Home Jobs, Work from Home Jobs
Login or Register by Category by Company Advanced Search Help .
All Direct Hire Contract Internships Jobs for Teens Full Time Part Time Full or Part Time .
Admin: Data Entry/Billing
Admin: Secretarial and Office Mgmt
Banking: Mortgage/Real Estate
Beauty and Wellness
Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Building Services: Cleaning/Maintenance
Building Services: Management
Customer Service: Call Center
Customer Service: General
Education: Special Needs
Employment and Staffing Services
Engineering: CAD Design
Event and Meeting Planning
Facilities and Site Services
Graphics and Industrial Design
Healthcare: Behavioral Health
Healthcare: Fitness/Weight Loss
Healthcare: Home Services
Healthcare: Medical Transcription
Heavy Equipment Technician/Operator
Home Business/Work From Home
HR: Employee Relations
HR: Information Systems
IT: Documentation/Technical Writing
IT: Internet/New Media
IT: Operations and Support
IT: Software Development
Law Enforcement and Security
Legal: Paralegal and Support Staff
Management and Executive
Manufacturing: Support Operations
Personal Care and Service
Professional and Technical
Purchasing and Materials
Quality and Process Improvement
Real Estate and Property Mgmt
Research and Development
Restaurant: Busers/Kitchen Help
Restaurant: Cooks/Sous Chefs
Restaurant: General and Food Service
Retail/Wholesale: Fashion and Design
Science and Laboratory
Skilled Trades: Assembler
Skilled Trades: Electrical
Skilled Trades: General
Skilled Trades: Machinist
Skilled Trades: Mechanical
Skilled Trades: Welders/Fabricators
Sports/Park and Recreation
Surveying and Planning
Transportation and Warehousing
Writing and Editing
Fond du lac
Jobs in Wisconsin .
Company Information .
Milwaukee Center For Independence
View all our positions .
Position Profile and Requirements/Preferences .
Position title: Physical Therapy Assistant .
Location: Milwaukee, WI .
Term of employment: Regular .
Type of employment: Part Time .
Work hours (i.e. shift): 1st Shift, M-F .
Start date of this position: ASAP .
Starting salary range: Not Provided .
Salary/Benefit notes: Great Benefits Package! .
Education (minimum): Associate Degree .
Experience level (minimum): 1-3 Years .
Categories: Social Services/Community, Healthcare: Therapy/Rehab, Non-Profit/Associations .
Position Description .
NATURE OF WORK:
This position is responsible for service provision to families in the Early Childhood Program. This position reports to the Early Childhood Program Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties listed may vary in terms of importance and others may be added as this position develops. In addition, specific positions within this classification may have special duties and special qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Under direct and ongoing supervision of Registered Physical Therapist, plans and implements individual physical therapy programs for clients.
2. Prepares for and participates in staffings.
3. Responsible for providing all necessary documentation to Case Records and updating such documentation as needed.
4. Responsible for timely and accurate reports as required.
5. Serves as a member of Early Intervention Team.
6. Promotes the responsiveness of the program to the needs and preferences of the child and his/her family. This includes delivery of services in the home of the child where appropriate and feasible.
7. Provides families with information, opportunities for skill-enhancement, and support related to enhancing the childís development.
8. Works with other providers to develop an understanding of the childís disability and the impact of that disability on the childís development.
9. Provides support and consultation to childcare providers and others in childcare settings and in the community at large.
10. Provides support and consultation to Family Interventionist in working with family to enhance the childís overall development.
11. Practices and promotes safety in the workplace and settings where job duties are performed.
12. Attends mandatory inservices, meetings and seminars as identified.
13. Assists in monitoring inventory and ordering physical therapy materials.
14. Assists in marketing and community inservicing.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Creates special studies, reports and recommendations on conditions and problems within the program.
2. Assists in program evaluation, program marketing and the generation of referrals.
3. Assists in the development of new program components to meet the changing needs of the client population.
4. Trains and supervises volunteers and/or student interns as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Current Wisconsin licensure as physical therapy assistant required. A personal vehicle and valid driverís license and automobile insurance in conformity with agency limits are required.
The following are requirements for the job:
1. Familiarity with physical therapy evaluation and remediation techniques utilized with children under the age of 3 years.
2. Ability to relate effectively with clients, family members, and other team members.
3. Knowledge of laws and regulations governing the delivery of physical therapy services.
4. Ability to schedule time effectively and to meet deadlines independently.
5. Ability to present ideas and information clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
6. Desire and ability to work with culturally diverse, Birth to Three population.
1. Bi-lingual in Spanish/English or Hmong/English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to travel to, access, and work in homes in Milwaukee County.