We are currently looking for Functional Consulting candidates for our Insurance Practice. We have both full-time employment and contract opportunities available.
Please note these jobs require 80% travel (Mon-Thur). If you can not travel, please do not apply.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Location: Following an initial training period in CA Functional Consultants will travel from their homes directly to the client site. Travel is usually Monday through Thursday. Consultants will work from their home office on Friday. Travel should be assumed to be every week, although occasional "work at home weeks" are available with some clients.
Key activities for functional consultants include:
* Lead requirements definition, solution planning and implementation of large-scale enterprise applications within the property and casualty insurance carriers.
* identifying business objectives, work with customers to define business process changes
* working with technical integration consultants and customers to define configuration and integration requirements, and supporting pilot and enterprise deployments
* developing an overall configuration approach for the client
* producing requirement and functional design documents
* estimating the effort required to configure the environment
* configuring the products to solve customer business challenges
* working with Product management to share configuration concepts and further develop our core product features
* identifying opportunities to meet customer business objectives using business logic and configuring applications to meet those objectives
* planning integration testing and performance testing of customer solutions
* supporting execution of integration tests, including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues
* experience implementing large software applications
* functional consulting experience
* project management / team lead experience
* a consulting background is a strong plus but not a knockout
* demonstrated ability to efficiently manage client relationships
* experience developing technical specifications and then implementing those specifications through a combination of custom programming and product configuration
* experience communicating with both the development and integration teams of an enterprise-wide systems integration effort
* demonstrated ability to design, program, test, and deploy complicated integration software
* experience with and understanding of web/J2EE architecture
* experience with object oriented programming
* experience with Java, JSP, Ant, Oracle and/or SQL Server, Tomcat and/or Websphere
* experience gathering requirements and designing business process flows
* implementation experience in at least two full-cycle implementations
* experience designing, configuring and testing enterprise software
* and strong communication and client management skills
* 5-10 years experience in, and knowledge of, property and casualty insurance, with a preference for claims experience
* background as a Systems Analyst/Technical Consultant at a Big 5 consulting firm or equivalent
* prior Business Process and configuration experience with configurable software such as Peoplesoft, Siebel, or SAP n-tier web architected solutions
* Excellent Compensation Package
* Medical and Dental Insurance
* Paid Vacation
If required we will sponsor your H1 transfer (H1 to H1 transfer, L1 to H1 transfer, F1 to H1 transfer) TN visa, Green card processing.
Apteon is a leading provider of business and technology solutions for corporations in the United States. Founded in 2001 Apteon is the single source for quality Information Technology and Insurance Solutions. We offer a comprehensive suite of services to meet the needs of our customers. These services include strategic systems planning, project management, systems integration, business analysis, and technical software implementation services.
Click Here to Apply