Jobs, career information, and employment services for job candidates, employees, employers and recruiters.
Field Service Technician
- Work at Home Jobs, Work from Home Jobs
Company: TEKsystems .
Location: San Diego, California .
Category: Information Technology Jobs .
Rate: 17.00 per Hour .
Job Type: Contract-to-Hire .
Posting ID: 1127663 .
Posting Date: 2/19/2007; Allegis Group Family of Hiring Companies .
Apply Online for this Job Today
Already a Member?
Not a Member?
We're hiring. Create an account and you can apply for some of the most desirable Information Technology job opportunities in the country.
Back To Search Results
Field Service Technician Job Description:
VERY IMPORTANT, CANDIDATES MUST LIVE NORTH OF SAN DIEGO, CA!!!
Description: Our client is the world leader in systems and service integration solutions for the quick service restaurant industry. Our client has installed over 25,000 of its industry leading Point-of-Sale systems in over 95 countries worldwide and is also one of the leading service providers to the restaurant systems market.
We are looking for very dependable and reliable candidates that can work from home and be deployed to restaurants to troubleshoot their hardware and software. Following are the details that pertain to this position.
1. Seeking candidates with a technical background in ANY of the following:
* POS machines
* Break/Fix of computer components
* Hardware/Software experience
* Restaurant knowledge
* Technical aptitude
2. Candidate must be able to work independently. Need to be resourceful and find answers the on their own.
3. Customer Service is very important. They can teach them the technology; our client wants candidates with the customer service mentality.
4. Need candidates that are looking to stay long term. Our client invests a lot of time and money into each candidate and they want to make sure they are stable employees.
5. Each candidate will fly to Boulder, Colorado for three weeks of intense training, then our consultant will fly back home for field training for two weeks. After the two week field training has been completed, the consultant will then fly back to Boulder, CO for another two weeks of training. There will be a total of 5 weeks in Boulder. WE NEED CANDIDATES WHO ARE OKAY WITH BEING AWAY FROM HOME FOR THAT LENGTH OF TIME! Our client will cover airfare, hotel accommodations, and per diem.
6. Administrative side of the job entails organization, time management, Excel spreadsheets, MS Word, and basic e-mailing.
7. Best case scenario is the employee is at home waiting for the phone to ring rather then running out to client sites. Deploying a technician costs the company $433.00/per call.
8. Each employee will have a partner 100 miles away. They are to help each other with coverage and time off. Our client is not concerned with who is covering the weekends as long as the customer is being covered.
9. This job is 24/7 on call and the employee is required to work every other weekend. Time off must be worked out with your assigned partner.
10. All employees must be able to pass a hair follicle drug test, driving record check and background check. Candidates must have a valid drivers license and be able to drive a company vehicle.
11. Our client will cover the following for each employee:
* Company vehicle (mileage and gas will be covered)
* Home computer ($20 per month toward Internet connection)
* Out of pocket expenses
* Safety shoes
* Cell phone coverage
* 5 company shirts
12. Career path:
* Contract employee through TEKsystems for 4 months
* Hired on full time as an Associate Engineer
* Promoted to Field Engineer
* Promoted to Sr. Field Engineer
* Promoted to Group Leader/Supervisor
13. Interview process will entail two phone screens and one in person interview. Our client will either fly the technician to them or someone will fly out to meet the technician.
We are looking for candidates who can start the interview process this week. Once they make a hiring decision there will be a few weeks of shadowing before you come to Colorado for training. CANDIDATES MUST LIVE NORTH OF SAN DIEGO CA!
Required Skills for Field Service Technician Job:
PC BREAK FIX
Join TEKsystems(C) and get your career on the fast track. As the nation's premier technology execution company, we are passionate about deploying high-caliber IT and communications expertise. To satisfy our constant need for expertise, we actively seek talented technical professionals with all levels of information technology and communications skills. TEKsystems knows that every professional has different needs, so we'll work together to determine a suitable benefits package. We offer options to our technical professionals that could include: a health plan, 401k, provisions for vacation and holiday pay, and technical and professional training. With a foundation as the nation's largest IT staffing firm, we've become a billion-dollar services company by blending superior client service with an unrivaled ability to source and manage talent to precise specifications, resulting in successful technology executions. Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. M/F/D/V
Seth Bomgardner Apply Now! Begin by filling out the "Apply Online for this Job" section at the top of the page Need Directions? Get office driving directions with Google Maps .
TEKsystems - Westminster, CO .
8700 Turnpike Drive
Westminster, CO 80031 .
TEL: (303) 412-2729
TEL: (888) 317-9163