Jobs, career information, and employment services for job candidates, employees, employers and recruiters.
Field Service Technician
- Work at Home Jobs, Work from Home Jobs
Title: Field Service Technician .
Skills: A+, PC Break Fix, Electronics .
Date: 2-23-2007 .
Location: San Diego, CA .
Area code: 209 .
Tax term: CON_HIRE_W2 .
Pay rate: 17.00 Hour .
Length: Contract-to-Hire .
Position ID: 1127663 .
Dice ID: teksyst .
Job description: .
VERY IMPORTANT, CANDIDATES MUST LIVE NORTH OF SAN DIEGO, CA!!!
Description: Our client is the world leader in systems and service
integration solutions for the quick service restaurant industry. Our
client has installed over 25,000 of its industry leading Point-of-Sale
systems in over 95 countries worldwide and is also one of the leading
service providers to the restaurant systems market.
We are looking for very dependable and reliable candidates that can
work from home and be deployed to restaurants to troubleshoot their
hardware and software. Following are the details that pertain to this
1. Seeking candidates with a technical background in ANY of the
* POS machines
* Break/Fix of computer components
* Hardware/Software experience
* Restaurant knowledge
* Technical aptitude
2. Candidate must be able to work independently. Need to be
resourceful and find answers the on their own.
3. Customer Service is very important. They can teach them the
technology; our client wants candidates with the customer service
4. Need candidates that are looking to stay long term. Our client
invests a lot of time and money into each candidate and they want to
make sure they are stable employees.
5. Each candidate will fly to Boulder, Colorado for three weeks of
intense training, then our consultant will fly back home for field
training for two weeks. After the two week field training has been
completed, the consultant will then fly back to Boulder, CO for
another two weeks of training. There will be a total of 5 weeks in
Boulder. WE NEED CANDIDATES WHO ARE OKAY WITH BEING AWAY FROM HOME FOR
THAT LENGTH OF TIME! Our client will cover airfare, hotel
accommodations, and per diem.
6. Administrative side of the job entails organization, time
management, Excel spreadsheets, MS Word, and basic e-mailing.
7. Best case scenario is the employee is at home waiting for the phone
to ring rather then running out to client sites. Deploying a
technician costs the company $433.00/per call.
8. Each employee will have a partner 100 miles away. They are to help
each other with coverage and time off. Our client is not concerned
with who is covering the weekends as long as the customer is being
9. This job is 24/7 on call and the employee is required to work every
other weekend. Time off must be worked out with your assigned partner.
10. All employees must be able to pass a hair follicle drug test,
driving record check and background check. Candidates must have a
valid drivers license and be able to drive a company vehicle.
11. Our client will cover the following for each employee:
* Company vehicle (mileage and gas will be covered)
* Home computer ($20 per month toward Internet connection)
* Out of pocket expenses
* Safety shoes
* Cell phone coverage
* 5 company shirts
12. Career path:
* Contract employee through TEKsystems for 4 months
* Hired on full time as an Associate Engineer
* Promoted to Field Engineer
* Promoted to Sr. Field Engineer
* Promoted to Group Leader/Supervisor
13. Interview process will entail two phone screens and one in person
interview. Our client will either fly the technician to them or
someone will fly out to meet the technician.
We are looking for candidates who can start the interview process this
week. Once they make a hiring decision there will be a few weeks of
shadowing before you come to Colorado for training. CANDIDATES MUST
LIVE NORTH OF SAN DIEGO CA!
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As the
nation's premier technology execution company, we are passionate about
deploying high-caliber IT and communications expertise. To satisfy our
constant need for expertise, we actively seek talented technical
professionals with all levels of information technology and
communications skills. TEKsystems knows that every professional has
different needs, so we'll work together to determine a suitable
benefits package. We offer options to our technical professionals that
could include: a health plan, 401k, provisions for vacation and
holiday pay, and technical and professional training. With a
foundation as the nation's largest IT staffing firm, we've become a
billion-dollar services company by blending superior client service
with an unrivaled ability to source and manage talent to precise
specifications, resulting in successful technology executions. Allegis
Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. M/F/D/V .
Travel required: none .
Telecommute: no .