Ohio Secondary Certificate in English, December 1997
English Teacher, 1997 - Present Oak Park High School, Toledo, OH
• Taught American Literature & Writing Composition to 9th - 12th graders.
• Organized cooperative learning activities.
• Implemented portfolio grading system in literature classes.
• Incorporated new texts into standard curriculum.
• Tutored students seeking additional guidance with course work.
• Assessed student performance throughout the term.
• Conducted individual student conferences.
• Chaperoned field trips and school dances.
Student Teacher, 1996 - 1997 Urbana High School, Athens, OH
• Taught American Literature to a diverse group of students.
• Implemented creative curricula utilizing outcome-based education & alternative assessments.
• Wrote and taught dynamic lesson plans.
• Tutored students after school and chaperoned field trips.
Speech & Debate, Theatre, Track & Field. I welcome the opportunity to coach extracurricular activities.