To obtain a Controller position with a leading Consulting or Technology Company.
Randyway.com San Mateo, CA
Controller 8/99 to Present
- Manage all day-to-day finances for a late-stage application service provider (ASP).
- Monitor revenue recognition practices to ensure 100% compliance with accounting principles.
- Manage allocation of Company funds, increasing value of holdings by 8% during first year.
- Work with external auditors and investment bankers in preparation for the Company's IPO
- Report directly to the CFO and have frequent interaction with the CEO and Board of Directors
Scion Consulting Group New York, NY
Assistant Controller 11/96 to 8/99
- Worked directly with the Global Corporate Controller for a $2 Billion high-tech consulting firm.
- Prepared and managed the US operating budget, forecasting costs and revenues.
- Part of a team that determined US revenue reporting guidelines for a new product group.
- Implemented an automated data retrieval process for satellite offices, saving $150K annually.
- Promoted from Staff Accountant after only 6 months, the fastest promotion within the department.
Prudex, Inc. New York, NY
Accounts Payable Clerk 8/95 to 11/96
- Managed the accounts payable group for a large clothing manufacturer.
- Negotiated with suppliers and vendors to receive the most favorable payment terms.
- Oversaw and reported on all accounts payable activities to the firm's Assistant Controller.
University of Southern New York Scarborough, NY
BS, Accounting 1995