We welcome you to JobBank USA and hope your job hunting experience
is a pleasant one. We hope you find our resources useful.
1. Letting your mind wander.
2. Letting certain words, phrases or certain prejudices block your receptivity to the speaker's ideas.
3. Tuning out the speaker if he/she uses technical terms that do not mean anything to you.
4. Pretending to be attentive while actually thinking (or daydreaming) about something else.
5. Sitting or remaining silent when the speaker is being unclear or incomplete in his/her thoughts.
6. Trying to take notes on everything that is being said.
7. Concentrating too much on details and missing the main ideas.
8. Mentally criticizing the speaker, instead of listening to his/her words.
9. Immediately opposing an idea or thought, instead of listening to what is being said.
10. Assuming that what you are hearing is unrewarding or uninteresting.
[ Back | Forward | Table of Contents ]
Back to JobBank USA Home Page
"Copyright © Building Blocks Unlimited, All Rights Reserved.
Warning: This work is subject to the Copyright Act of the United States and is the property of Building Blocks Unlimited. Any downloading, printing, transmitting, copying, alteration or modification of any part of this work without the express prior consent of the author, is strictly prohibited and is a violation of law".