South Carolina’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with South Carolina’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the South Carolinas employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- On January 5, 1940, the articles of incorporation were signed and Berkeley Electric Cooperative was formed. "From these humble beginnings, BEC has grown into a state-of-the-art electric utility serving over 64,000 members in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties with over 4,000 miles of line connecting them all together. This makes BEC the largest electric cooperative in South Carolina, and one of the top 20 in the nation." If you have the desire to provide an extraordinary level of customer service, and are looking for a caring, competent working environment - then this is the right place for you!
- BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina - It all started with a priest, a businessman and a journalist. South Carolina Monsignor George Lewis Smith, Roger Huntington of the Greenville Hospital Benefit Association, and Columbia journalist George Buchanan shared a vision. They wanted to create a non-profit prepaid hospital plan for the Palmetto State. With the support of the community, the men began lobbying the General Assembly for legislation to begin the company. Their vision became a reality in 1946 when the General Assembly passed legislation to create the South Carolina Hospital Service Plan. That's the original name for what is now Blue Cross — Blue Shield would come along later!
- BMW Manufacturing Corp actively recruits those who are as innovative as the automobiles they produce. Consistent, dynamic, spirited...what makes the BMW brand makes the BMW associate. If you have a desire for excellence and hard work, you'll thrive at BMW Manufacturing Co. The groundbreaking ceremony for the first and only American BMW factory took place on September 30, 1992. Be sure to visit this site to check out further history and current career oppotunities.
- Bon Secours St. Francis Health System was founded in 1932 and is a private non-profit hospital located in Greenville, SC. The system consist of 4 facilities, employing over 2,100 with a 319 bed capacity.. Bon Secours currently has positions open in both professional and non-professional fields.
- Bowater Incorporated, headquartered in Greenville, SC, is a leading producer of coated and specialty papers and newsprint. Established in 1881 by W.V. Bowater, the company was founded as a business as a paper merchant in London. Bowater offers employees competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
- Carolina Bank & Trust, headquartered in Darlington, SC, offers career opportunities to individuals who possess the desire and commitment to provide excellence in the workplace. Employees here enjoy competitive compensation, a variety of benefits and 401K after 1 year of employment. Carolina Bank will perform pre-employment checks to include, drug testing, credit checks, as well as fingerprint checks on all employees.
- Carolina First Bank is a subsidiary of The South Financial Group, Inc. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, The South Financial Group is a multi-bank holding company with assets totaling approximately $14 billion. With approximately 172 branches in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Florida, The South Financial Group has two subsidiary banks - Carolina First Bank, the largest South Carolina-based commercial bank and Mercantile Bank, serving Florida.
- Carolinas Hospital System has a rich history in the Florence, SC area. The first facility was founded in 1921 as Saunders Memorial Hospital, while a second facility, Bruce Hospital, was founded in 1944. In 1994 the two hospitals melded into one as Carolinas Hospital System and a brand new facility located in the southeastern section of the city. Carolinas Hospital System currently has 1,700 employees and career opportunities in both professional and non-professional fields.
- Charleston Symphony Orchestra - "Charleston's rich orchestral heritage began in the year 1918. Thirty to forty musicians made up the city's first symphony orchestra and performed mostly for friends and family. In 1936, Miss Maude Winthrop Gibbon and Mrs. Martha Laurens Patterson founded the organization now known as the Charleston Symphony Orchestra." "The first concert was held December 28, 1936, at Hibernian Hall with Mr. Tony Hadgi, a cellist, as the conductor."
- "As one of the largest health systems in the Southeast, located in Greenville, South Carolina, the Greenville Hospital System (GHS), is the hub of clinical, academic, and research excellence serving more than one million people in the Upstate." GHS offers excellent health insurance as well as retirement plans tuition assistance, and paid time off. Greenville Hospital System is a not-for-profit academic health organization that encompasses 5 campuses that includes a tertiary referral and education center, community hospitals, a long term acute care hospital, nursing home, outpatient facilities and wellness centers.
- Hilton Head Regional Medical Center was built in 1974 and opened its doors in 1975 as a private, nonprofit, 40-bed, accredited medical facility. Today, it has been renamed Hilton Head Medical Center and Clinics and the hospital is currently certified for 93 acute care beds. With two campuses and an Outpatient Center, this hospital is located in Hilton Head, SC and currently has needs for RNs, Respiratory Care and Cardiovascular OR Techs.
- Lexington Medical Center is looking for people with a passion for service to work throughout their system of hospitals, community medical centers and physician practices. The main campus, located in Columbia, SC, has 346 private rooms all carpeted and equipped with the most recent technological advancements, plus private baths and cable television. "Lexington Medical Center is a suburban medical complex and the anchor of a comprehensive, county wide healthcare network. This network includes six strategically located community medical and urgent care centers, an occupational health center, the largest extended care facility in the state and an Alzheimer's Care Center."
- Moncrief Army Community Hospital (MACH) is located on Fort Jackson, South Carolina and is part of the 82.13 square mile military installation located adjacent to the state capital of Columbia. "Dedicated in 1972, Moncrief Army Community Hospital is a modern medical complex covering 323,000 square feet. Within the 12-story hospital and its related clinics, a wide range of medical services are available, ensuring quality and comprehensive medical care." Available openings and information on how to apply can be found at CPOL.
- Built in 1987, MUSC Children's Hospital is South Carolina's largest and most comprehensive pediatric health care center. "The hospital houses the only Level III neonatal intensive care unit in the region where the tiniest newborns are provided state-of-the-art care. Our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, the only one in the region, is staffed exclusively by trained pediatric critical care physicians and nurses." Located in Charleston, SC, Children's Hospital is part of the Medical University of South Carolina.
- NASCAR Speedpark - "International Speed Parks, L.L.C. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Burroughs & Chapin Co., Inc. Burroughs & Chapin, a developer and operator of tourism and entertainment facilities in Myrtle Beach, S.C. for more than 100 years, is the worldwide licensee for NASCAR SpeedParks." Burroughs & Chapin Company offers an energetic and diversified team-based work environment and they are always looking for people who bring energy, new ideas and a unique perspective to the company.
- Newberry County Memorial Hospital (NCMH) is located in Newberry, SC and the first facility officially opened its doors on December 22, 1925. ""Exceptional services with a personal touch...close to home" is more than just a slogan at Newberry County Memorial Hospital. It's a way of life." Licensed for 90 acute beds and 12 Transitional Care beds, NCMH is big enough to provide a challenging technological work environment and small enough that people know each other by name and care for each other.
- Palmetto Health is a South Carolina nonprofit public benefit corporation consisting of Palmetto Health Richland and Palmetto Health Baptist in Columbia and Easley. All three of their hospitals are highly respected, long-time members of the community dedicated to providing the best health care possible. Palmetto offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits to employees. Check out the career opportunities here!
- Piedmont Medical Center, located in Rock Hill, SC, opened in 1983 and the name was chosen in a county-wide contest to name the facility. They offer a competitive benefits package that includes a 401(k) savings plan, income replacement, medical/vision/dental/life insurance after 31st day of employment, paid time off program, online educational program, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program and an employee stock purchase plan.
- The history of SCANA Corporation is a story of firsts, from hand-lit gas streetlights to multi-state, fiber optic networks. It all began in 1846 when local business leaders came together to form the Charleston Gas Light Company. Headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina, SCANA today is a $9 billion, Fortune 500, energy-based holding company - and so much more. Scana offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and fosters a friendly and welcoming work environment.
- ScanSourceis a leading international value-added distributor of specialty technology products and services. Headquartered in Greenville, SC and founded in 1992, ScanSource has received recognition in the national media several times. "People who are highly motivated, self-managed and relish the challenge of leadership while working within a team often find that ScanSource is a perfect fit."
- Sisters of Charity Providence Hospitals is a non-profit organization that is licensed for 304 beds and is comprised of four entities: Providence Hospital, Providence Heart Institute, Providence Hospital Northeast and Providence Orthopaedic & NeuroSpine Institute. Located in downtown Columbia, SC, Providence Hospital was founded by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Augustine in 1938. Check out the current career opportunities available here.
- Sonoco is a global supplier of industrial and consumer packaging and a provider of innovative packaging solutions. Headquartered in Hartsville, SC, the company has more than 300 locations and 17,600 employees worldwide. This company has career opportunities in several disciplines from international prospects, entry level positions and jobs for experienced professionals. Sonoco looks for smart, highly motivated self-starters with good analytical and problem-solving skills and they want employees to be effective, flexible and ethical team members.
- Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS), located in Spartanburg, SC, offers a unique combination of world-class facilities, caring and dedicated professionals, advanced technology and specialized treatment options. SRHS has numerous career opportunities open at this time in a variety of disciplines and they offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- "Williams, Russell and Johnson, Inc. (WRJ) is a multi-disciplined engineering, architectural, planning, program management and construction management firm. The company was organized in 1976 to provide professional services to public, private, military and governmental clients. The firm currently has over one hundred fifty-five (155) employees working in locations from the Atlanta headquarters to branch offices in Dallas, Miami, Orlando, and Columbia, SC. A subsidiary operation is also located in Atlanta, GA"