Pennsylvania’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with Pennsylvania’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the Pennsylvanias employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- Agere Systems is a global leader in semiconductors and software solutions for storage, mobility and networking markets. Headquartered at a central campus in Allentown, PA, Agere has over 5,200 employees world-wide. Agere's customers include top manufacturers of consumer electronics and communications and computing equipment.
- "Airgas, through its subsidiaries, is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical, and specialty gases and related hardgoods, such as welding supplies. Airgas is also the third-largest U.S. distributor of safety products, the largest U.S. producer of nitrous oxide and dry ice, the largest liquid carbon dioxide producer in the Southeast, and a leading distributor of process chemicals, refrigerants and ammonia products." Founded in 1982, the company has over 10,000 employees in its integrated network of over 900 locations.
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. was founded by the late Leonard P. Pool in 1940 in Detroit, Michigan, on the strength of a simple, but then revolutionary, idea: the "on-site" concept of producing and selling industrial gases, primarily oxygen. Today the company has operations in more than 30 countries and more than 20,000 employees around the globe. U.S. headquarters are located on a 600 acre campus near Allentown, PA.
- Allegheny Energy is a utility holding company that has both regulated and unregulated operations. The company is looking for candidates who bring diversity and creativity to the table, supporting their goal of becoming a high performance organization. They offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, in many challenging career paths to reward people who are committed to success.
- Allegheny Technologies is one of the world's largest and most diversified producers of specialty materials, including stainless steel plate. The company has over 9,000 employees and operates plant facilities, service centers and sales offices throughout the United States and in 17 other countries.
- American Eagle Outfitters is a leading retailer that designs, markets and sells its own brand of laidback, current clothing. Headquartered in Warrendale, PA, the company has 827 stores in 50 states and 72 AE stores in Canada. American Eagle is currently hiring for all positions.
- AmerisourceBergen is the leading distributor of pharmaceutical products and services to the hospital systems/acute care market, alternative care facilities, and independent community pharmacies. The new company, with over 13,000 employees, is headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, with a western management center in Orange, California. AmerisourceBergen has 43 distribution centers providing daily delivery anywhere in the United States.
- Ametek is a global leader in electronic instruments and electric motors with over $1.6 billion in annual sales. The company spans the globe with nearly 10,000 colleagues at more than 100 plants and facilities worldwide. Corporate headquarters are located in Paoli, PA, but there are current career opportunities available throughout the US.
- Aramark is a global leader in professional services, providing award-winning food, hospitality, facility management services and high-quality uniform and work apparel. From the trunk of a Dodge in 1936 to a multi-national corporation today, ARAMARK’s commitment to service excellence continues to meet and exceed customer needs and client goals. The company is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA and offers a well-balanced approach for compensation and benefits to meet the needs of employees.
- Armstrong began as a tiny two-man cork-cutting shop in 1860 in Pittsburgh by Tom Armstrong, the son of ordinary Scotch-Irish immigrants from Londonderry. The company let one product logically lead to another. Corkboard led to fiberboard, fiberboard led to ceiling board, cork tile and linoleum led to vinyl floors. Headquartered in Lancaster, PA, Armstrong today employs over 15,000.
- Bon-Ton Department Stores was founded in 1898, and is a traditional department store retailer with a history of providing quality merchandise to our customers in mid-sized markets. Corporate headquarters are located in York, PA and in Milwaukee, WI. Bon-Ton operates 271 department stores and seven furniture stores, located in 23 states, across the Northeastern, Midwestern, and Great Plains states.
- Boscov's Department Stores - In 1911, Solomon Boscov arrived in Reading, Pennsylvania, purchased $8 worth of merchandise, rolled his wares into a pack and set off into the surrounding countryside. Soon he established a regular route through Lancaster and Berks County. He sold wares, exchanged merchandise for meals, did chores in exchange for lodging and made hundreds of friends. Within the year Solomon saved enough money to buy a horse and wagon and increase his inventory. Today, Boscov's has 50 stores reaching across 6 states and is currently administered by a team of 16 divisional merchandise managers, 85 buyers, 25 assistant buyers, 50 store managers, and 50 assistant store managers.
- CertainTeed - Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Company, the firm made its slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," which quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American manufacturer of residential and commercial roofing; vinyl and fiber cement siding; vinyl and composite decking, railing and fencing; vinyl windows; residential, commercial and mechanical insulation; pipe and foundations. Headquartered in Valley Forge, PA, CertainTeed is a Saint-Gobain company with approximately 9,000 employees and 75 manufacturing facilities throughout the U.S.
- Charming Shoppes, Inc. is a leading multichannel specialty apparel retailer primarily focused on plus-size women's apparel. They are the parent company of four district store brands – Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Catherines Plus Sizes and Petite Sophisticate – as well as Crosstown Traders, Inc., a direct marketer of women's apparel. Corporate headquarters is located in Bensalem, PA and this company is proud to offer one of the most competitive benefits packages in the retail industry.
- "Renowned for its outstanding clinical services, research programs and medical education, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UMPC has helped establish the standards of excellence in pediatric care." UMPC has a team of more than 40,000 employees, while Children's Hospital is building a new 900,000-square-foot hospital in the Lawrenceville section of Pittsburgh, part of a 10 acre, 1.5 million-square-foot campus development. UMPC is looking for highly motivated individuals to join their team.
- Cigna - In 1792, at a series of meetings in Philadelphia's Independence Hall, a group of prominent citizens forms the Insurance Company of North America (INA). INA is the first marine insurance company in the United States, and it will remain the nation's oldest stockholder-owned insurer. Today, CIGNA companies, are leading providers of employee benefits, including: health care coverage; group life, accident and disability insurance. As one of the leading providers of employee benefits, CIGNA is able to provide their employees with an impressive array of benefits.
- Comcast is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. It was founded back in 1963, when cable TV was pretty much for people in areas that couldn’t get a good broadcast signal, even with an ugly pair of rabbit ears. Today, Comcast has over 21 million customers with access to the latest broadcast technology, the ever-advancing Internet, and so much more - including their broadband digital home phone service, Comcast Digital Voice®. Comcast provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees, however, if you’re part-time, benefits will vary depending on how many hours you work per week.
- Consol Energy has evolved from a single-fuel mining company into a multi-energy producer of coal, gas and electricity. Founded as Consolidated Coal Company in 1860, Consol is located in Pittsburgh, PA and has sales offices in Paoli, PA, Brussels, Belgium and Atlanta, GA. The company currently has over 7,500 employees that enjoy stability, a total compensation philosophy and future opportunities.
- From their humble beginnings in 1899, DENTSPLY has grown to become the largest professional dental products company in the world. The company has facilities in 22 nations on six continents and distributes its dental products in over 100 countries. DENTSPLY offers its employees one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry. Corporate headquarters are located in York, PA.
- Dick's Sporting Goods was founded in 1948 by Dick Stack. From it's humble beginnings as a bait and tackle shop in Binghampton, NY, Dick's Sporting Goods now has over 250 stores in 34 states. Corporate headquarters are located in Pittsburgh, PA, and the company has two distribution centers; one in Pittsburgh, the other in Plainfield, IN. They are looking for high-energy professionals to staff our stores, corporate headquarters and distribution centers.
- Erie Insurance needs qualified, dedicated employees from many business disciplines to keep their multi-billion dollar operation growing and running smoothly. From modest roots in 1925 as a Pennsylvania auto insurer, Erie has grown to become a multi-line insurance company, offering auto, home, commercial and life insurance through our network of independent insurance agents.
- Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation's largest long-term care and rehabilitation therapy providers. Headquartered in downtown Kennett Square, PA, the company currently has over 34,000 employees throughout their system of 200 skilled nursing centers, and assisted living communities located in 12 eastern states. Genesis offers competitive compensation and a great benefits package.
- Harsco Corporation is a diversified, worldwide industrial company. They are market leaders in four select business groups, operate in 45 countries, and employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide. Harsco traces its roots to 1742, when their Taylor-Wharton unit first operated as an iron forge making farm tools and other products for the American colonies. Harsco is headquartered in Camp Hill, PA with operations globally.
- H.J, Heinz - In 1869, Henry J. Heinz and L. Clarence Noble launch Heinz & Noble, thus laying the groundwork for today's global company. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, now Heinz is the most global U.S.-based food company, with a world-class portfolio of powerful brands holding number-one and number-two market positions in more than 50 countries. The company offers motivated professionals exceptional opportunity for professional achievement and personal growth.
- The Hershey Company is a leading snack food company and the largest North American manufacturer of quality chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery products. "Back in 1905, the location for Hershey’s Headquarters (Hershey, PA) was chosen for its farmlands the ample supply of fresh cow’s milk needed for the large amount of chocolate that would be produced there." Hershey currently has over 14,000 employees globally with active business operation in 50 countries.
- Ikon Office Solutions is the world’s largest independent distributor of document management products and services, with more than 500 locations throughout North America and Europe. Ikon's world headquarters are located in Malvern, PA and the company offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits program designed to help attract and retain the very best employees in the marketplace.
- "Jones Apparel Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading designer, marketer and wholesaler of branded apparel, footwear and accessories." Corporate offices for this company are in Bristol, PA, and they maintain a portfolio of highly recognizable brands such as Anne Klein, Jones New York, Gloria Vanderbilt and Nine West, just to name a few. Jones Apparel currently has several open career opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
- Kennametal is a leading global supplier of tooling, engineered components and advanced materials that are consumed in production processes. Headquartered in Latrobe, PA and founded in 1938, Kennametal today has over 13,500 employees world-wide and operates in 60 countries. Kennametal Inc. is always accepting employment inquiries from professionals interested in joining their team.
- Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is a diversified financial services organization, headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. "In 1905, Robert Todd Lincoln, the only surviving son of the 16th President, Abraham Lincoln, gave us permission to use the Lincoln name at the founding of our flagship company, The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company." LFG currently has career opportunities available and they offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- "Founded in 1869 as T. Mellon and Sons' Bank, Mellon Financial Corporation today is a global financial services company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania." Mellon offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes work/life programs, retirement, insurance and a variety of medical coverages. This company also has global internship programs and often holds recruiting events throughout the U.S.
- The University of Pennsylvania Health System, includes the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, The Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania, Presbyterian Medical Center, Pennsylvania Hospital, CPUP, PennCare and Penn Home Care Services. Pennsylvania Hospital is the nation’s first hospital, founded in 1751 by Benjamin Franklin and Dr. Thomas Bond. The U of P School of Medicine, founded in 1765 was the nation's first medical school. The University of Pennsylvania Health System offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and currently has position openings in professional and non-professional fields.
- Pittsburgh Mercy Health System - In 1847 seven Sisters of Mercy from Carlow, Ireland established the first hospital in Pittsburgh and the first Mercy Hospital in the world. They have evolved from one Mercy Hospital to a full-service health care system. You may apply online for open career opportunities, or they have two kiosks onsite at two different locations in Pittsburgh should you wish to apply in person.
- PNC Bank is one of the largest financial services companies in the country, providing everything from personal banking services to wealth management, business banking and corporate & institutional services for organizations all over the world. "Whether you are a recent graduate or an experience professional, if you're dedicated to reaching your full potential in a company where customer service and integrity are the highest priority, PNC could be the right choice for you."
- Headquartered in Allentown, Pa., the PPL Corporation controls more than 11,000 megawatts of generating capacity in the United States, sells energy in key U.S. markets, and delivers electricity to more than 5 million customers in Pennsylvania, the United Kingdom and Latin America. "PPL provides competitive salaries, offers exceptional benefits, supports volunteer efforts and encourages programs that promote employee diversity, such as the PPL Women's Network and the African-American Business Resource Group."
- Rite Aid Corporation is one of the nation's leading drugstore chains, operating approximately 3350 stores in 28 states and the District of Columbia. "Rite Aid's first store opened in September 1962 as Thrif D Discount Center in Scranton, Pennsylvania." The company officially became known as Rite Aid Corporation in 1968. Headquartered in Camp Hill & Etters, PA, Rite Aid has open career opportunities in a variety of fields from pharmacy to store management and corporate office positions.
- Saint Vincent Health System - Erie's first medical institution, St. Vincent's Hospital, opened on September 5, 1875, in a three-story, 12-bed hospital staffed by one surgeon and seven dedicated Sisters, who handle everything from nursing to laundry. "Over the next 130 years, the original building was expanded, other buildings were constructed and the health center "campus" was formed. Saint Vincent Health System grew to encompass sites such as other health care facilities and physician practices that are in the regional community." Saint Vincent offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, and also has "Job Shadowing" opportunities available to high school juniors and seniors.
- Select Medical Corporation is a leading provider of specialty health care, that currently operates 97 specialty hospitals, approximately 605 outpatient rehabilitation clinics and also provides medical rehabilitation services on a contract basis at nursing homes, hospitals, assisted living and senior care centers, schools, private homes and worksites. "Select Medical is a privately held company with 20,000 employees throughout the US with company headquarters in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania"
- Southeastern PA Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is the nation's fifth-largest public transportation system, whose buses, subways, commuter rail, trolleys and paratransit service carry over 750,000 passengers on an average weekday. SEPTA currently has over 9,000 employees who are provided with exceptional growth potential, competitive compensation and great benefits.
- Employees of Sovereign Bank receive extensive training, clear objectives, well-defined values, and the support of management at all levels. Sovereign Bancorp, Inc., the parent company of Sovereign Bank, is a $90 billion financial institution with nearly 800 community banking offices, over 2,000 ATMs and approximately 12,000 team members with principal markets in the Northeast United States. If you're seeking a productive and rewarding career, then look to Sovereign Bank.
- SunGuard Data Systems is a global leader in software and processing solutions for financial services, higher education and the public sector. The SunGuard corporate main office is located in Wayne, PA, though the company has facilities and operations globally. If you are talented and motivated with the skills and enthusiasm to thrive in a dynamic environment, SunGuard can offer you a challenging and exciting career with an excellent salary and benefits package.
- Teleflex is a diversified industrial company with facilities in more than 24 countries. Corporate headquarters for Teleflex are located in Limerick, PA. The company offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits that may vary by business group and location.
- Toll Brothers was established in 1967, with corporate headquarters located in Horsham, PA. The main focus of the company is luxury home building, master planned community development, golf course and golf club development and land development. Toll Brothers currently has over 6,500 employees spread over 44 markets in 22 states.
- Uniontown Hospital is a 224-bed facility providing a full range of medical care to the residents of Fayette County, PA for more than 100 years. The facility features more than 200 medical staff representing more than 30 medical specialties. Check out the current open opportunities here or sign up for email notifications on new open positions.
- U. S. Steel Corporation (USS), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., manufactures a wide variety of steel sheet, tubular and tin products; coke, and taconite pellets; and has a worldwide annual raw steel capability of 26.8 million net tons. is also involved in a number of other businesses, among them transportation, real estate development, and leasing and financial services. If you are interested in building a career at a world-competitive, international corporation and have the potential to think from a global perspective, then U.S. Steel invites you check out their open opportunities.
- The Vanguard Group is one of the world's largest investment management companies. Their varied divisions offer a range of career opportunities, from finance to IT to communications and more. Or choose from a variety of locations as well, from historic Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, area; to the cultured, fast-growing Charlotte, North Carolina area; or try the "Valley of the Sun," in Phoenix, Arizona. To attract, develop, and retain the best people in the business, Vanguard offers an exceptional combination of cash compensation, benefits, and conveniences for their crew.
- Wawahas celebrated over 40 years in the convenience store industry and they employ more than 16,000 associates. The company has over 540 stores in 5 states. The company, headquartered in Wawa, PA was founded in 1803 and was incorporated in 1865 as the Millville Manufacturing Company. The owner opened a small milk plant in 1902 and Wawa Food Markets opened their first store in 1964.
- Weis Markets is the nations' premier regional supermarket chain based in Sunbury, PA. "Weis Markets' 18,000 associates work in 157 stores in five states, including Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, New Jersey and West Virginia." Weis has excellent career opportunities that offer challenge, growth, and rewards to those who want to be part of a winning team and who have the determination to make a difference.
- Wesco is a leading distributor of electrical and industrial products. "Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the company employs over 6,000 people, maintains relationships with over 24,000 suppliers, and serves more than 100,000 customers worldwide." With over 350 full-service branches in North America, they have career opportunities in sales, marketing, customer service, product and quotation specialists, finance and accounting, logistics, administrative services and warehousing.