North Carolina’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with North Carolina’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the North Carolinas employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- Advance Internet Technologies, Inc. (AIT) is home to over 210,000 web sites that includes Fortune 500 companies as well as home businesses. AIT was founded as a garage start up in North Carolina and has grown to a two-time INC 500, multimillion dollar web hosting and technology company. AIT currently has several career opportunities available and is headquartered in Raleigh, NC.
- Ameritrust is a nationally recognized residential mortgage lender. Located in the prestigious Ballantyne Corporate Park in Charlotte, North Carolina, Ameritrust offers a competitive compensation package, family friendly work environment and opportunities for future career growth.
- "Building on a tradition of excellence in community banking that stretches back to 1872, BB&T continues to offer clients a complete range of financial services including banking, lending, insurance, trust, and wealth management solutions." BB&T provides their employees with a complete, competitive benefits package. BB&T is headquartered in in Winston-Salem, N.C., and it operates more than 1,450 branch offices in the Carolinas as well as many of the southeastern states.
- Bank of America serves the financial needs of 98% of the U.S. Fortune 500 and one in five midsized companies across the U.S. and in more than 20 countries. Bank of America's headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center (WFUBMC) is headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC. Experience is required for most positions, particularly in the clinical departments. Nurses and therapists are required to have at least two years of experience to become part of the home health team. Tracing its roots back to the 1940s, the Medical Center now has 100 buildings on 290 acres, including a 196-acre research farm and a downtown research center as well as over 11,000 employees.
- Belk looks to be the leader in its markets in selling merchandise that meets customers' needs for fashion, quality, value and selection. "Belk got its start when 26-year-old William Henry Belk opened a small bargain store in Monroe, N.C., on May 29, 1888." " Today, Belk, Inc. is the nation's largest privately-owned department store company with more than 275 stores in 16 states in the southeast, southwest and mid-Atlantic regions of the U.S."
- BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina is a leader in delivering innovative health care products, services and information to nearly 3.4 million members, including 744,000 served on behalf of other Blue Plans. BCBSNC is headquartered in Chapel Hill, NC and the company creates an environment where they value and draw on the differing knowledge, perspectives, experience and styles our community offers.
- Buck Engineering offers excellent benefits, job security, and a great work environment. "Buck Engineering is an environmental engineering firm with a nationally recognized stream & wetland restoration program." The corporate headquarters for this firm is located in Cary, NC.
- "Campbell Alliance is the premier specialized management consulting firm serving the pharmaceutical and biotech industries." Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, this company has offices in several major U.S. cities that serve clients in North America, Europe & Japan. This company looks for team members who are dedicated to excellence in job performance, who truly enjoy communicating and working with others, and who can work at a very fast pace as part of dynamic and knowledgeable teams.
- Clarkson Consulting is a global business and information technology services firm serving the life sciences and consumer products industries. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in the Durham, NC area, Clarkson also has offices in several other major U.S. hubs, as well as an office in Alberta, CA. This company is always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join their team and welcomes the submission of resumes for current and future openings.
- "Coastal Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned, financial cooperative, committed to providing members with the financial services they need, when and where they need them." Established in August 1967, the credit union was formed to help meet the financial needs of the IBM community in Raleigh, NC. Their field of membership expanded in 1991 and today Coastal provides service to members worldwide through a network of 21 branches.
- Coventor is the industry-leader in MEMS design software tools. Coventor is headquartered in Cary, NC, but has offices located throughout the world to cover the needs of their international clients. This firm currently has some openings for engineers, as well as sales associates.
- Dex Media, Inc. is a division of R.H. Donnelley, the nation's third largest Yellow Pages publisher with significant online and local search capabilities. Headquartered in Cary, NC, Dex markets in 28 states, has over 4,000 employees and services more than 600,000 local and national advertisers.
- Digital Optics Corporation, a subsidiary of Tessera Technologies is the world leader in wafer-based micro-optics and micro-optical systems. Based in Charlotte, NC, DOC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a leading energy company located in the Americas with an affiliated real estate operation. At Duke Energy, employees work together to generate real results in the energy marketplace. This company offers a variety of competitive benefits programs which may vary by business unit and work location.
- "At eTrials Worldwide, Inc. you will find a unique work environment in which innovation and creativity are valued and professional growth is encouraged." eTrials is the first technology company in the eClinical industry to offer fully integrated electronic data capture (EDC), interactive voice response (IVR), electronic patient diaries (eDiary) and a clinical trial management system (CTMS). This firm's corporate headquarters is located in Morrisville, NC, and their European Office is located in Sittingbourne, Kent, UK.
- Family Dollar Stores - In November 1959, Leon Levine opened the first Family Dollar store in Charlotte, North Carolina and was on his way to becoming a retailing legend. With more than 6,200 stores located in 44 states and nine major distribution centers, this retail chain offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits for full-time employees.
- First Citizens Bank, then known as the Bank of Smithfield, opened for business on March 1, 1898. They now serve customers in more than 200 cities and towns in North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia, though their home office is still located in Smithfield, NC. At First Citizens Bank, competitive compensation is just the beginning. They also offer one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the business.
- Forsyth Medical Center is the healthcare provider of choice in the region surrounding Winston-Salem, NC. Forsyth Medical Center's comprehensive network of services include Medical Park Hospital and Thomasville Medical Center as well as the 847 bed Forsyth Medical Center. This medical center had humble beginnings in 1887 and is now one of the largest hospitals in North Carolina.
- Goodrich Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is a global supplier of systems and services to the aerospace, defense and homeland security markets. "Goodrich is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, and employs more than 22,000 people worldwide in over 90 facilities across 16 countries." They are committed to attracting, developing and motivating talented people who have the drive, desire and determination to achieve in a fast-paced environment.
- Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Inc., was founded in 1926 by Centenary United Methodist Church to provide a means of employment for the community's residents with disabilities. Corporate headquarters are located in Winston-Salem, NC, with development centers located in Asheville, Conover & Statesville. Goodwill is a not-for-profit organization.
- HealthDecisions, a full-service, globally capable CRO, is an unusual company that is always looking for capable, qualified individuals. Headquartered in Chapel Hill, NC, they also have open career opportunities in Europe. One key prerequisite for working here is good computer skills. Advanced use of computer technology is fundamental to the companys' success and to their company culture.
- Ingles Markets is always looking for good people interested in an exciting and dynamic career. After 40 years, the same customer focus and commitment to quality and convenience on which Bob Ingle founded the business in 1963, continues today throughout the organization. Ingles is based in Asheville, NC and offers competitive wages, a good working environment, benefits, vacations, and an excellent 401K plan.
- Knowledge Systems Corporation is a premier recruiting and search firm specializing in Smalltalk placement at all levels since 1985 and is headquartered in Cary, NC. "Due to a surge in demand for Smalltalkers across the US, KSC has a number of opportunities available. They welcome Smalltalkers with all levels of experience with VisualWorks Smalltalk, IBM's VisualAge Smalltalk, Visual Smalltalk Enterprise as well as all other Smalltalk environments."
- Headquartered in Burlington, NC, Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings (LabCorp®) has approximately 24,000 employees and offers a broad range of genomic/esoteric tests. "As a pioneer in genomic testing and the commercialization of new diagnostic technologies, LabCorp is one of the world's largest clinical laboratories."
- In 2006, Lowe's celebrated its 60th year of Improving Home Improvement®. "During those 60 years, we've grown from a single small town hardware store to a Fortune® 50 corporation with stores in 49 states." Lowe's corporate campus is located in Mooresville, NC, but the company has stores and distribution centers located throughout the U.S. Check out the open opportunities here if a career in the retail business is for you!
- "Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. employs approximately 5,800 people throughout the United States, Nova Scotia, and the Bahamas." Martin Marietta Materials supplies building materials including crushed stone, sand & gravel, magnesia-based chemical products and fiber-reinforced polymer products. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, the company listed on the NYSE in 1994 and currently has numerous career opportunities available company wide.
- Mitchell Gold - Through visiting our web-site you obviously realize we produce wonderful furniture, sell to the absolute best retailers in the country, and are growing our business year after year. In 1989 when the economy was unstable, he and his partner, Bob Williams, naively created The Mitchell Gold Co. in Taylorsville, NC. They currently show immediate openings, so be sure to check here if something tickles your fancy for a career opportunity.
- Nortel Networks takes great pride in the diverse talents of our workforce. Nortel is a recognized leader in delivering communications capabilities that enhance the human experience, ignite and power global commerce, and secure and protect the world's most critical information. Tracing its roots back to 1895, Nortel has more than a century of experience in shaping the evolution of communications, Nortel continues its tradition of innovation today by providing secure solutions that ignite and power global commerce while helping solve the world's greatest challenges.
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center - is one of the nation's preeminent academic medical centers, is an integrated health care system that operates 1,298 acute care, rehabilitation and long-term care beds, outpatient services, and community health and information centers. Located in Winston-Salem, NC and originally founded in 1902 as Bowman Gray School of Medicine, the hospital now has 100 buildings on 290 acres, including a 196-acre research farm and a downtown research center.
- Novant Health is one of the largest employers in the state of North Carolina. Novant Health is a not-for-profit healthcare leader for 3.4 million residents in western North Carolina, that encompasses seven hospitals, three nursing homes and other facilities. "Novant Health offers many exciting opportunities throughout our system for you to learn, to grow, and to advance your healthcare career."
- "Nucor Corporation is made up of 11,600 teammates whose goal is to "Take Care of Our Customers." They are accomplishing this by being the safest, highest quality, lowest cost, most productive and most profitable steel and steel products company in the world."
- "Open Software Solutions Inc. (OSSI) was founded in 1994 in North Carolina to market, enhance, implement and support a fully integrated suite of public safety products, including Computer Aided Dispatch (OSSI CAD), Law Enforcement Records Management System (OSSI RMS), Jail Management System (OSSI JMS), Mobile with Field Reporting (OSSI MCT/MFR), Message Switch, and Web-based data sharing applications (OSSI P2P, OSSI P2C, OSSI OpCenter). More than 325 customers in 16 states use this integrated public safety information system." "SunGard OSSI offers a highly professional working environment, competitive salary, and outstanding company-paid benefits."
- Piedmont Natural Gas employs approximately 2,100 people in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. "Piedmont offers competitive benefits that include pension, 401(k)match, stock purchase option, medical & dependent care flexible spending accounts, short and long-term disability and tuition-refund plans."
- Presbyterian Healthcare offers many exciting opportunities for you to learn, to grow, and to advance your healthcare career. Located in Charlotte, NC, and founded over 100 years ago, Presbyterian operates 4 hospitals as well as outpatient facilities, radiology and imaging centers and laboratory services. Check the career opportunities available here!
- Progress Energy is ranked as one of the 50 "Best Places to Launch a Career" according to a BusinessWeek magazine report. Headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., Progress is a Fortune 250 diversified energy company that is currently seeking individuals for line technicians, electricians, mechanics, engineers as well as for other fields. This company offers an exceptional group of work/life benefits and programs – from tuition assistance to cash awards for outstanding performance.
- Quintiles Transnational is an organization that is changing the way drugs are developed, profiled and marketed. Corporate headquarters for this firm are located at Research Triangle Park in Durham, NC., with other locations world-wide. Quintiles offers comprehensive compensation and benefit programs, with individual employment packages tailored to position, years of experience and regional location. Some positions offer options such as flexible hours or home-based work. The company also believes in rewarding individuals for contributing to their success with performance bonuses linked to corporate goals.
- Research Triangle Park (RTP) is located in Durham, NC. Career opportunities on this site are links for over 60 employers that have facilities within this public/private, planned research park.
- Reynolds American Inc. is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, Conwood Company, LLC, Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc., Lane Limited and R.J. Reynolds Global Products, Inc. "R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company was founded in 1875, when 25-year-old Richard Joshua Reynolds started a chewing-tobacco manufacturing operation in the town of Winston, N.C. (Winston would later merge with the nearby village of Salem, creating the city known today as Winston-Salem.)" The company offers its employees outstanding compensation, employee benefits, retirement and 401K plans, working conditions, and personal and professional development.
- SAS Institute seeks the best talent to build on their 30-year success story. "In return, SAS employees enjoy a supportive environment, outstanding opportunities for professional growth, and a chance to help SAS drive the new economy and provide innovative solutions for business decision makers across the globe." SAS corporate headquarters is located in Cary, NC, but world-wide they have more than 10,000 employees and it is the world's largest privately held software company, with more than 400 offices globally.
- Sealy, Inc. is headquartered in Trinity, NC, traces its roots back to Sealy, TX, where Daniel Haynes, a cotton gin builder, began making cotton-filled mattresses for his friends and neighbors in 1881. Today, Sealy operates 31 plants, which manufacture bedding in 20 states, three Canadian provinces, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Argentina, France, and Italy. Sealy offers generous compensation plans and all full-time, salaried, domestic employees at Sealy are eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefit package.
- "SPX Corporation is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. Operating in more than 20 countries with approximately 15,000 employees, SPX is a provider of Flow Technology, Test and Measurement, Thermal Equipment and Services, and Industrial Products and Services." Corporate headquarters of this company are located in Charlotte, NC, with operations in more than 20 countries world-wide and over 15,000 employees.
- State Employees' Credit Union is a highly progressive, not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative. Located in Raleigh, NC, SECU offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Talecris Biotherapeutics Inc. is located in the Research Triangle Park in Durham, NC. A new stand-alone company rising from 60 years’ prior experience, Talecris is setting the standard of excellence in biotherapeutics. Talecris is proud to offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive medical and quality of life benefits, and flexible work options designed to help employees and their families have a quality-filled life.
- University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina is a regional health delivery system serving 29 counties and 1.2 million people in eastern North Carolina. With a workforce of more than 6,000, this health system is one of the largest employers in the region. Employees here earn competitive salaries and enjoy a comprehensive benefits package. Serving the medical needs of residents in the Greenville, NC area.
- VF Corporation is one of the world´s largest apparel companies and for over 100 years, they've grown by offering consumers high quality, high value branded apparel. Corporate headquarters for this company are located in Greensboro, NC, with brand headquarter locations throughout the U.S, Europe, Asia and South America.
- Wachovia Bank is the fourth largest bank holding company in the United States based on assets. They offer competitive compensation and benefits, as well as unique opportunities throughout the organization. Wachovia was formed by the 2001 merger of First Union Corporation and the former Wachovia Corporation. In connection with the merger, First Union changed its name to Wachovia Corporation and corporate headquarters are located in Charlotte, NC.