Massachusetts’s Largest Employers
An easy and convenient reference page for finding jobs with Massachusetts’s largest employers. Below you will find direct links to the Massachusettss employer’s job search, career and/or employment sections.
- ADE Corp. offers a compensation and benefits package that provides a very competitive base salary and a strong complement of basic health and welfare plans. Key opportunities for ADE lie in the device fabrication industry including, but not limited to, measurement and inspection equipment and systems for deposition and chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) process.
- Akamai provides a wide range of benefits to encourage balance, health, and growth. With corporate headquarters located in Cambridge, MA, Akamai is the global leader in distributed computing solutions and services, helping organizations grow their online businesses without growing their IT infrastructures. The company currently has job opportunities for all types of professionals with multiple talents and skills.
- Allegro MicroSystems, Inc. has over 30 years of semiconductor experience and is a worldwide leader in the design, marketing and manufacture of advanced, mixed-signal integrated circuits and semiconductor devices rests on the talent, drive and dedication of their employees. Headquartered in Worcester, MA, Allegro has over 2500 employees world-wide.
- Altova is a leading provider of XML, data management, UML, and Web services software tools and the creator of XMLSpy, the industry standard XML development environment. US headquarters are located in the Boston area.
- Analog Devices of Norwood, MA has become the world leader in high performance signal processing solutions by ensuring that they not only have the best products in the industry, but the best people. They currently have several open positions, including world-wide opportunities.
- Analogic provides ambitious engineers with new levels of professional challenges and opportunities. They also look for talented individuals in a number of other areas, such as Information Technology, and Manufacturing. Headquartered in Peabody, MA, Analogic offers a comprehensive program of benefits.
- "Anika Therapeutics, Inc. develops, manufactures and commercializes therapeutic products and devices intended to promote the protection and healing of bone, cartilage and soft tissue." Located in Woburn, MA, they currently have open career opportunities.
- AspenTechnology is the market leader in providing many of the software applications that the process industries depend on today. Current open positions include some overseas locations.
- Avid Technology Inc. is the world leader in digital media creation tools for film, video, audio, animation, games, and broadcast professionals – as well as for home video and home audio enthusiasts. Your job search here allows you to search by world-wide location or by job category .. be sure to set up a profile.
- BankNorth is one of the 25 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. Providing outstanding benefits for "both" full-time and part-time employees, BankNorth was named the "Best Managed Bank in America" by Forbes Magazine in 2004.
- Berkshire Health Systems is a private, not-for-profit organization that serves the Berkshire County region through a network of affiliates which include Berkshire Medical Center, the BMC Hillcrest Campus, Fairview Hospital, and Berkshire Visiting Nurse Association. They currently have several open career opportunities.
- Biogen, with world-wide headquarters in Cambridge, MA, is the third-largest biotechnology company in the world. Biogen Idec offers a highly competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package. They believe that employee benefits are a significant part of Biogen Idec rewards, and the low cost to employees sets them apart.
- In 2004, Boston Business Journal recognized Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts as one of the Best Companies to work for in Massachusetts. They offer a compensation and benefits package that is highly competitive and notably progressive. Founded by a group of community-minded business leaders in 1937, they have 4 offices throughout Massachusetts.
- Boston Scientific is the worldwide leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of medical devicesthat advance the practice of less-invasive medicine. Boston Scientific provides you with the personal training and development that make you a great performer and team player. Whether you’re in the office or the lab, the factory or the clinic, they'll help you find the best ways to advance your career and they encourage you to explore a range of assignments and locations.
- The Boston Symphony Orchestra has both full-time and part-time positions open including maintenance personnel. Auditions are also being held for perfoming musicians.
- Brigham and Women's Hospital is a leading employer providing career opportunities throughout Eastern Massachusetts. The Boston Lying-In Hospital, one of the nation’s first maternity hospitals, opened its doors to women unable to afford in-home medical care in 1832. Today it is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School, with several hospitals and satellite locations throughout the Boston Metro area.
- Bright Horizons located in Watertown, MA was named by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work for in America". In addition to teaching and management positions,they also offer Job Shadow placements for High School students and Internships for College students.
- In addition to best-in-class hardware and software products and services, Brooks Automation, Inc. offers complete, tightly integrated solutions that optimize manufacturing equipment, factory and productivity. With corporate headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, USA, they're looking for talented professionals to participate in our success and help define the future of fab automation.
- Cambridge Savings Bank offers you a friendly work environment, unique opportunities for growth and a competitive salary and benefits package. "Cambridge Savings Bank has been a Harvard Square neighbor since opening its doors under the name of the Institution for Savings in Cambridge Massachusetts on October 27, 1834."
- Cape Cod Potato Chips, located in Hyannis, MA, was founded on July 4, 1980. Cape Cod Potato Chips is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- CDM is always looking for talented employees who are recent college graduates or come to us with years of industry experience. "CDM is a consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm delivering exceptional service to public and private clients worldwide." Their World Headquarters is located in Cambridge, MA.
- Centra Software is looking for people like you ... professional, smart, self-motivated, creative and totally committed to leading the revolution in online learning and training. Centra provides specialized solutions and services to address a wide range of business initiatives. Founded in 1995, Centra's corporate headquarters are located in Lexington, MA.
- Charles River Laboratories is a global provider of solutions that advance the drug discovery and development process. Headquartered near Boston, MA, Charles River Laboratories' 7,500 employees serve global clients.
- Children's Hospital Boston - "Voted one of the best places to work in Boston by the Boston Business Journal, our hospital takes pride in being a place to work that encourages growth, teamwork, communication, recognition of achievement, and positive co-worker/supervisor relationships."
- Citizens Bank gives your career the attention it deserves. And they reward your commitment with all the benefits you would expect, as well as some you probably never imagined (like forgivable loans to help you buy a home). Founded in 1928, Citizens Bank now has branches and ATM locations throughout the northeast.
- Coghlin Construction Services has been family owned and operated in Worcester, MA since it was founded in 1885. Today they have a wide range of experience and expertise in a variety of industries, including High tech, Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical and Telecommunications among others. They currently have openings in Network Services and in Electrical Contractors.
- Court Square Data provides market-focused technological leadership designed to promote customer success, employee development, and shareholder value through teamwork and trust. Corporate headquarters are located in Springfield, MA.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals stands alone from its competitors with a variety of unique benefits offerings that focus primarily on learning, wellness, professional development and work/family balance. The company is located in Lexington, MA and was founded in 1992.
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School. Located in the Longwood Medical area, it is an independent institution with over 2500 staff members.
- Data Translation Services of Marlborough, MA, is committed to providing its employees with the time, training and flexibility needed to juggle the many demands of work and life. They offer a competitive salary and total benefits package, including an on-site fitness center and a smoke-free environment.
- Digital Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by and operated for our members. DCU was chartered in October of 1979.
- Draper Laboratory welcomes entrepreneurial engineers, scientists, and technicians who want to bring solutions to challenging technological problems. Join us and work side-by-side with some of the finest minds in our fields. The company commitment provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits program for employees.
- eCredit provides a dynamic, performance driven environment; where results, teamwork, quality and customer service are recognized and rewarded. In addition to a comprehensive compensation and equity package, eCredit offers a business casual environment and exceptional employee benefits
- Eastern Bank has over 70 branches stretching from Merrimack Valley to Cape Cod and is the largest independent, mutually owned bank in New England. Eastern is also the place to be for career growth, employee recognition, and a challenging yet fun environment.
- Joining Egenera will give you the chance to help build one of today's most exciting new technologies—the Processing Area Network! "At Egenera, you'll experience the best of both worlds: the energy of a startup combined with the stability of a mature management team and a growing sales pipeline. "
- EMC helps customers store and manage their information. They offer a wide range of challenging technical and business opportunities—from software engineers to customer sales, service, and support professionals.
- Empirix provides employees with an exciting and challenging environment in which to work. Founded a decade ago, corporate world headquarters is located in Bedford, MA.
- "eScription is always looking for talented individuals with demonstrated experience in speech processing technology, project management, product development, and the health care industry." They currently have several open positions in the Needham, MA area.
- FirstMarblehead redefines the possibilities and make them attainable. Our employees are highly capable and ready to go: they are smart, agile, confident and creative. That's the mix that has enabled us to advance the industry and that's how we continue to lead it.
- Forrester Research is an independent technology and market research company that provides pragmatic and forward-thinking advice about technology's impact on business and consumers.
- G.E. Aircraft Engines - Discover career opportunities with the industry's leading manufacturer of jet engines. GE - Aviation is the world's leading producer of large and small jet engines for commercial and military aircraft.
- genzyme - If your passion for impact rivals your dedication to helping others, Genzyme offers a workplace unrivaled in the industry that will help you achieve your goals. Corporate headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA.
- Gryphon Networks is revolutionizing the direct marketing industry by seamlessly integrating customer contact methods with automated compliance technologies. "If you are a highly motivated, results-oriented individual who has the passion and desire to achieve the extraordinary, Gryphon Networks wants to speak with you."
- "Learn about career opportunities for each of Houghton Mifflin's Divisions: School, Great Source Education Group, McDougal Littell, College, Riverside Publishing, Trade and Reference, and International. They actively recruit, retain, and develop a diverse and dynamic workforce.
- Inceptor's growth plan is aggressive and we are always on the lookout for new contributors who can extend our leadership position. The company offers competitive compensation packages that include base salary, stock options and a performance bonus program.
- Inverness Medical Innovations, Inc., located in Waltham, MA, is a major global developer, manufacturer and marketer of advanced, pioneering consumer and professional medical diagnostic products.
- iProspect is a fun, interesting and challenging organization that encourages camaraderie and teamwork. "Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts, iProspect is the Original® Search Engine Marketing Firm — credited with pioneering the practice of search engine marketing."
- A leading designer of robots, iRobot offers employees the opportunity to forge a path in an emerging industry that will help people tackle dull, dirty or dangerous tasks with better results. Headquartered in Burlington, MA, iRobot produced its' first robot in 1990.
- Employees work with Kronos to develop and market world-class products and provide award-winning customer service and support. Headquartered in Chelmsford, MA, Kronos has been solving complex workforce-related problems for more than 25 years.
- Lucent Technologies continues to deliver world-class products based on Bell Labs technology to leverage and evolve existing investments to next-generation networks. Over time, we intend to become the leading "network integrator" for service providers.
- Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority offers competitive salaries, excellent healthcare benefits, employee training programs, tuition assistance and a work/life program that includes childcare referrals and subsidies at approved sites.
- "Since its founding in 1984, The Mathworks has become the leading global provider of software for technical computing and Model-Based Design. Headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts, The MathWorks currently employs more than 1,400 people worldwide."
- As a leader in psychiatric care, education and research, McLean Hospital stands on a firm foundation of excellence built and maintained by its employees. Located in the Boston area, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers since 1811.
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. strives to give employees at all levels and across all departments, the support they need to translate promising discoveries into real products.
- At Millipore, you’ll work with the top biotech and pharmaceutical companies around the world, helping our customers to develop new drugs and helping ensure the quality and purity of drugs. Founded 50 years ago, Millipore Corporate Headquarters is located in Billerica, MA.
- As a Molecular employee, you will enjoy a work environment where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Offering a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to grow, you can discover how far your talents will take you.
- NetScout Systems, Inc., has a hunger for knowledge and experience. Headquartered in Westford, MA, NetScout offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package.
- OneBeacon Insurance uniquely blends a 170-year history and strong financial backing with an opportunistic and fast-paced culture. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., they recently purchased a new building in nearby Canton, Mass ., which will be home to most of the Greater Boston team beginning in 2007-2008.
- Palomar Medical Technologies is a leader in the cosmetic laser industry. At Palomar, hard work is rewarded with competitive salaries and great benefits. Currently the company has several open career opportunities.
- Partners Healthcare, located in Boston, is an integrated health system founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital in 1994. Providing career opportunities throughout Eastern Massachusetts, this health system offers opportunities in partner corporate departments.
- Pegasystems, Inc., fosters a team-oriented environment, where employees are encouraged to take ownership, act with integrity, and value diversity. "Since 1983, Pegasystems has been a pioneer in rules-based Business Process Management (BPM) technology and is now a leader in the industry".
- Perini Corporation is one of the most versatile and successful contractors in the U.S., providing general contracting, including building and civil construction, and construction managemen. A "go anywhere" spirit and "do anything" enthusiasm for construction challenges differentiates Perini team members from others.
- Pfizer Research Technology Center is located in Cambridge, MA. They offer a dynamic environment and the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, along with the resources and support you need to pursue your scientific ideas, grow in your profession, and make a difference.
- Plimouth Plantation, part of the Smithsonian Institution Affiliates program, is a popular 17th-century living history museum located in Plymouth, MA. The museum currently has job opportunities in all departments, both behind the scenes and working with the public.
- "Quest Diagnostics, Inc. is the nation's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services, that patients and physicians need to make better healthcare decisions." Their international presence includes over 30 regional laboratories in the US, UK and Mexico. They are always seeking talented individuals looking for career opportunities.
- Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) is a leader in complex systems development and integration solutions. Currently there are several career opportunities open throughout Massachusetts.
- Named by Boston Globe as "One of the 100 Best Companies in Massachusetts," Rockland Trust is "strongly committed to providing a work environment where our employees contribute the best of their abilities and gain broad experience through challenging assignments and academic support." "At Rockland Trust, you'll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed."
- "RSA Security Inc. is the expert in protecting online identities and digital assets." RSA Security offers a comprehensive package of employee benefits and excellent career opportunities worldwide. Executive and Corporate offices are located in Bedford, MA.
- SatCon Technology Corporation - If you would like to be part of a creative, entrepreneurial work environment and have some fun along the way, take a look at SatCon's current job openings. Corporate Offices are located in Boston, MA
- SeaChange International, Inc., headquartered in Acton, MA is the television industry’s leading supplier of digital server systems and software. SeaChange will go to great lengths to find talented people involved in their technology throughout the world.
- Shaw's Supermarkets / Star Market is a high growth, high-energy grocery chain known throughout New England for innovation and expansion. With corporate offices located in Bridgewater, MA, the company has satellite offices and retail opportunities throughout the New England area.
- Sovereign Bank is committed to the personal and career development of its team members. Employees receive extensive training, clear objectives, well-defined values, and the support of management at all levels.
- Staples is a growing office supply company with retail stores located throughout the world. Corporate offices are located in Framingham, MA.
- State Street Corporation is a world leader in the financial services industry. With a history dating back over 200 years, the company is headquartered in downtown Boston, MA and has office locations in more than 20 countries. "Whether you are at the beginning of your career, are reentering the workforce, have experience as a financial services or other industry professional or are a technology professional, our employee-centered programs — from benefits, to diversity and work/life — are designed to help you make State Street your employer of choice today and tomorrow."
- "As a Stride Rite associate, you have a role to play in a supportive environment, where you're encouraged to present your own ideas and take risks." "The Company encourages recognition for a job well done through a number of award programs. So learn, grow and develop yourself and your career with us: we promise, you'll never become bored."
- "Sun Life Financial US is headquartered in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts. Most of our recruiting is for open positions at this location, but we also have opportunities in Boston, Massachusetts, Purchase, New York and positions for sales professionals across the country."
- Sycamore Networks is a leading provider of intelligent optical switching products for telecommunications service providers worldwide. Currently there are career opportunities open in Customer Service, Hardware Engineering and in Operations ... as well as Sales in Japan.
- Teradyne, founded in 1960 is the world’s leading supplier of Automatic Test Equipment and a leading supplier of high-performance interconnection systems. Corporate Headquarters are located in Boston, MA, but the Teradyne also has extensive international opportunities."
- "The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading and most successful off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the world, operating eight businesses - T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, A.J. Wright and Bob's Stores in the United States, as well as Winners and HomeSense in Canada, and T.K. Maxx in Europe.
- Our comprehensive network of care at UMass Memorial Medical Center offers career opportunities at our academic medical center, community hospitals, outpatient clinics, community-based physician practices, long-term care facilities, and home health and hospice programs.
- "Whether you are an engineer, scientist, product manager or an assembler looking for a job or career, working at Varian Semiconductor Equipment gives you an opportunity to be a part of tomorrow’s technological advances today." Headquarters are located in Gloucester, MA.
- "The Whitehead Institute is a biomedical research and teaching institution founded in 1982 to identify and support the finest minds in science." "Whitehead attracts the brightest scientists with promising research agendas and provides them the freedom to pursue their dreams. Staff members working in dynamic and rewarding informatics, management, administrative, technical, and support positions are also integral to Whitehead's incredible achievements."