Research Sources of Additional Information: Interpreters and Translators
Organizations dedicated to these professions can provide valuable advice and guidance for people interested in learning more about interpretation and translation. The language services division of local hospitals or courthouses also may be able to offer information about available opportunities.
For career information, contact the organizations listed below:
- American Translators Association, 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 590, Alexandria, VA 22314. Internet: http://www.atanet.org
- The Translators and Interpreters Guild, 8611 Second Ave., Suite 203, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Internet: http://www.ttig.org
- U.S. Department of State, Office of Language Services, Room 2212, Washington, DC 20520.
For more detailed information by specialty, contact the association affiliated with that subject area:
- National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators, 2150 N. 107th St., Suite 205, Seattle, WA 98133. Internet: http://www.najit.org
- American Literary Translators Association, PO Box 830688, Richardson, TX 75083. Internet: http://www.literarytranslators.org
- The Localisation Industry Standards Association, 7 Route du Monastère-CH-1173, Féchy, Switzerland. Internet: http://www.lisa.org
- Massachusetts Medical Interpreters Association, New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St., NEMC Box 271, Boston, MA 02111. Internet: http://www.mmia.org
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, 333 Commerce St., Alexandria, VA 22314.