Research Sources of Additional Information: Insurance Sales Agents
Occupational information about insurance sales agents is available from the home office of many life and casualty insurance companies. Information on State licensing requirements may be obtained from the department of insurance at any State capital.
For information about insurance sales careers and training, contact either of the following sources:
- Independent Insurance Agents of America, 127 S. Peyton St., Alexandria, VA 22314. Internet: http://www.iiaa.org
- Insurance Vocational Education Student Training (InVEST), 127 S. Peyton St., Alexandria, VA 22314. Internet: http://www.investprogram.org
For information about health insurance sales careers, contact:
- National Association of Health Underwriters, 2000 N. 14th St., Suite 450, Arlington, VA 22201. Internet: http://www.nahu.org
For general information on the property and casualty field, contact:
- Insurance Information Institute, 110 William St., New York, NY 10038. Internet: http://www.iii.org
For information about professional designation programs, contact either of the following organizations:
- The American Institute for Chartered Property and Casualty
Underwriters/Insurance Institute of America, 720 Providence Rd., P.O.
Box 3016, Malvern, PA 19355-0716. Internet: http://www.aicpcu.org
- The American College, 270 Bryn Mawr Ave., Bryn Mawr, PA 19010-2195.