7 Ways To Promote Your Business-FREE!
By: Tina Barraclough
1. Free Classifieds: If you have the time to post you ads on classified sites , then this is a good place for you to start. Placing classified ads does work, but this method of advertising will take some time before you will start to see results. You will need to continually submit your ad to these sites , so your ad will stay near the top of the pages of these sites. Not everyone will get the same results with free classified advertising. The results I may get, may not be the same as the type of results you may get. It will depend on your ad title , how long your ad has been running, and what type of ad you are using.
Simply search the web for free advertising sites. The list will be long, you will need to find sites that will work for you. Free classifieds take a lot of time, and effort. Results will show, but you will need to work at it hard, and on a regular basis.
Here are a few classified sites listed:
1 Stop Free Internet Classifieds
Free Classified Advertising And Promotion
Free Classifieds - USFreeads.com
Alberta Rose FREE Classifieds
Money-At-Home.Com Free Classifieds! Place Your Free Ad Today
Ablewise.com Classifieds - The Online Classifieds Solution
Home Business Opportunities Work At Home And Make Money Online
Business Opportunities Classifieds Online - Small Business
2. Free E-zine Ads: Most ezines give away free ads to new subscribers of their ezines. Since the ezines have been requested by their subscribers, this is another good place to start.
Here are some E-ZINES listed:
The Free Directory of Ezines
A list of 500+ free ezines! E-zines and on-line newsletters publications
Free Ezines Directory
3. Writing articles: Writing articles for distrubution in other ezines, newsletters, etc. is a great FREE method for sending traffic to your site. This gives you the opportunity to write about something you know, and will give you free advertising in your resource box. Lots of people are looking for new content for their ezines, or newsletters, so getting published will provide free advertising.
4. Include your URL on everything, like business cards, stationary ,etc. This is also a good source for promotion of your business. Some good places to leave your business cards are: local stores, banks, restraurants ,etc.
5. Flyers: Print out some flyers advertising your business. Post these flyers at shopping centers, grocery stores, laundromats, local colleges, apartment complexes, car window, etc. There are so many places where you can put flyers, you just need to be creative.
6. Reciprocal Linking: This is where you will look for other sites that are similar to your [work at home sites, business sites, etc] and you will set up a link exchange. You put there link on your site, and they in turn put your link on their site. Be selective about which sites you put your
link on. Most of the time, these sites will exchange links with you. This method of advertising can get you listed in major Search Engines and give you a good web site ranking. In my oponion this is by far, the best free method of advertising.
7. E-mail Signature: Install a "Signature" in your E-mail program. This method can help you get people to get in touch with you, and want to know more about your business. Most E-mail programs such as AOL, MSN, NETSCAPE and OUTLOOK, allow you to add a "Signature" line at the end of
your out going e-mail messages. It should only be 6-8 lines. Company Name, Address, Phone Number, URL, e-mail address, and a small description. Look for examples on e-mail messages that have been sent to you.
Tina Barraclough is a stay at home mom to four beautiful children and owner of http://best-home-based-business-idea.com. Visit her website for business opportunities, articles, free e-books, etc.